New bow "kinda"

hntnnut

Reaction score
Well I've been looking for a inexpensive recurve for a bowfishing rig. So I spoke with a older gentalman in town the shoots trad only and has done so for years, I asked if he might have an old spare boow laying around he might be willing to part with for a fair price. A few days later he brings this old painted bow into the store where I work It was set up with 45# limbs and also had a set of 65# limbs for it. I liked liked what I saw and asked what he wanted for it and he replied with nonthing as he has a Bob Lee and Howard Hill bows but said I might want to take the paint off of it. Couldn't believe his generosity, well anyway I stripped the paint off sanded it down and now have a few coats of linseed oil on it, needless to say i'm stuned. The riser has 2430 WHD and 22147 on it and the limbs are similary marked with mod#s and poundages. Does anyone have any info on who might have been the manufactuer and about when it was made or any other info about it.

Richard

hoytrdye

Reaction score
recurve

I would say its a MARTIN recurve or at the very least the limbs are!!!! the handle i just cant put my finger on the name-- let me check out some other places and see if i can find it

hoytrdye

Reaction score
martin recurve

I'm going to say its a martin hatfield hunter recurve-- you got your self a good shootin bow there even if i'm wrong, 45# is slightly on the high side to star with {IMO} but before you know it you will be takin it with you to drop and elk with IT!!!

PowDuck

Reaction score
Nice bow!!
Super price!!!!!
Congratulations.
PS: Sorry, I don't have a clue what it is except good lookin'

hntnnut

Reaction score
Thanks guys after more research it appears to be a late 70s to earley 80s Martin Wart Hog that used the riser from the compound version.

Richard

Latest Posts

Top Bottom