New bow under $600

Hog slayer

Reaction score
Well I was wanting to get back to shooting a compound bow. So many new bows out there. I wanted to get a good bow for under $600. I know PSE makes some good bows around that price but so many other good bows out there too. looking for a good bow to use for hunting. Any suggestions on a good bow for that price.

Revo2811

Reaction score
Check out archery talk. they have a big classified for archery

Man of few words

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
^^^AGREED^^^

Also watch craigslist...scored a nice Elite there in a national search.

scottmarine

Reaction score
I really like the bear bows. They are around that price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orygun

Reaction score
My Bear Mauler was $600 for bow, sights, rest, and quiver. Bought in 2011. I've tagged deer with it every year since.

Quigs2

Reaction score
I think the PSE Stinger X RTS Pro is the best I was able to find - $449.00 - ordered from local dealer, free shipping and they do the setup. I am new to bow as well - ordered it today so I will let you. Make sure it's the pro version better assessories for the extra money.

RTS PRO Includes: Amp micro Sight, Phantom Drop-Away Rest, SPIRE Stabilizer, RAVEN Quiver, Neoprene Sling, mongoose Peep Sight and Nock Loop

http://pse-archery.com/shop/field-ready-bows/stinger-x-ready-to-shoot-2016/

g791

Reaction score
Would of sold u my Fugitive for $300. After this season of course. You'll want to upgrade the stinger after a season or two .

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

TheGDog

Reaction score
I bought the BlackOut SS from... I think it's BassPro. Made by BowTech. (Did their 6 months pay deal.) Being completely new to shooting Bow... I have to admit I have been quite impressed with this thing, and the accuracy I'm capable of with it is exciting!

Only change I'd make is possibly swapping out the "Y" style arrow rest it comes with (which works fine) for some other type of rest, like a Whisker Biscuit. One where it doesn't matter in which direction you knock your arrow. I wasn't paying attention to that in the beginning and was damaging fletching shooting the arrows knocked in the incorrect orientation to allow the fletching to pass in-between the open spaces of the "Y" of the arrow rest.

I have to imagine for a Hunting situation a Whisker Biscuit (or a Fall-Away rest?) would be ideal since in the heat of the moment you wouldn't want to have to fuss with remembering which side should point upward when knocking an arrow.

But yeah... the bow is nice and light. I think it's advertised at 330fps.

Top Bottom