New Brunswick members

recurveshooter

Reaction score
Welcome , just a chance for everyone as they join to sign up and be counted .this is a chance to get to know each other and where in N.B. you are from !!what you hunt with firearms or a bow ?

recurveshooter

Reaction score
go by the name Recurveshooter , a little self explanitory ,as this is what i hunt with !! love my recurves .live in a wide spot in the road called Dumfries .love the flight of an arrow .------- herb

SmoothBore

Reaction score
Name is SmoothBore. Smoothbore comes from a legendary buck that a friends camp was named after. Hunt out of various camps from Havelock to Nackawic. Sure which I had one of my own!

Grownup hunting Gun hunting, however I am considering trying out a bow before next season. (Heaven forbid I might have to take yet another hunter education course!)

recurveshooter

Reaction score
welcome smoothbore , how was your hunting this year .pretty poor on my side of the St.John , saw a few in zone 16.----- herb

SmoothBore

Reaction score
Hi RecurveShooter,

Deer hunting hasn't been all that great for the last couple of years. I saw a couple of does both down river and upriver. Bucks seem to be pretty darn scarce. On the upside I did manage to get a coyote!

sbishop

Reaction score
Hi All, what a site...going to build my first cam in the next few weeks, just rounding up some parts....i'm in fredericton, you guys have any idea where I can pick up a 5vdc reed relay and a camera??

recurveshooter

Reaction score
Hi ,sbishop welcome
place i would try first is Radio Shack , on Smyth or at the prospect st.mall .if they don't have it they might stear you in the right direction .not sure about camera ---- herb

SmoothBore

Reaction score
Welcome sbishop!

Look at my post in the trail camera forum for places to find 35 mm cameras local to Fredericton. If you can find a good price on D370/D380 let me know.

Recurve is right, Radio Shack is your best option for the relay. Remember there is also a Radio Shack in the Brookside mall. I have got a lot of my stuff there. As well if you travel to Woodstock they have an independent Radio Shack and they carry a lot more small components like resistors & capacitors.

If you are using the MS20, I would highly recommend ordering your parts from ******. The price is right, the service is prompt and there was no problem at the border. If you order multiple kits like I did the price gets a little better. Just ask him for the MS20 low power mod kit.

-SmoothBore

sbishop

Reaction score
Well. I just order my first cam....canon owl pf...can't wait to get....what setup do you guys have? any digital camera's out there?? i'v got a hp 315...mmmmm i'm wondering if I can mode it?

Steve

recurveshooter

Reaction score
you guys are staring to get me interested and i don't need anymore on my plate at the moment .will have most of the leathr work finished today ,guncase and quiver will be done today!!
have bows to make before i start making trail cams. would be nice for beart season though !!----- herb

stripcut2

Reaction score
Stripcut here.
I'm Smoothbore's big brother, I hail from Fredericton as well.

By the way the name "Smoothbore" wasn't the bucks name, it was the name of the brook beside Richie's dad's old camp. They called it the smoothbore buck because they chased it along the smoothbore brook.
Doesn't that piss you off when your brother corrects you in front of everyone!

I hunt with rifles. 30-30, .308, .358, .270

Whitetails and moose are favorites. Ruffed Grouse also rarely passed up.

recurveshooter

Reaction score
welcome Strip cut ,
isn't that what big brother are for tattling on little brothers !!!
hope we get a few more waundering in to the fire .this seems to be a very nice forum .------- herb

recurveshooter

Reaction score
good to see we are not forgotten here in NB .how long have you been gone from at the moment land of cold and snow ? also have you ever done any javalina hunting , this time of year i keep getting this urge to hunt little pigs with my bow don't know whether it is i want to hunt them or just have blue sky and warm sunshine on my bald head !!!!--------- herb

woody

Reaction score
I booked a couple of deer hunts with a fellow out of Woodstock (Dave Winchester).

Any of you Guys know him? ---- Just wondering if he was still around?

nbbucks

Reaction score
I go by nbbucks, I'm addicted to whitetails, I hunt with a .308 savage and a Champion bow. I do my hunting in zone 16.

Bobo Bob

Reaction score
Bobo here, I first hooked up with Jesse here back in the Buckmasters chat days of 96/97, a long time, anyways most of my hunting is done in the Jemseg, Cambridge Narrows area. I love to bowhunt and it is all I have been doing since 98, haven;t touched a gun in all that time,
My principle is hunting black bear and whitetail, the bear hunt is the ultimate experience for me, I have given up on the moose, I have been applying for 17 years and have never been drawn yet two lads up the road from me were drawn back to back 2 years in a row, I said as of this year I give no more money for a license I am not meant to have,
Currently my PSE Thunderbolt is in Fredericton having a new cable and string made, and I will be taking my Rev Buck hand made take down recurve in for proper setup, the Rev has been coming here since 2000 he and his son hunting black bear, he hails from Arkansas, he had his daughter and his new wife of a week ago here last summer, anyways lads have a good and be safe out there eh,,

Trappercase

Reaction score
I'm Kevin from Riverview. I hunt mostly Upland. I used to hunt whitetail until I got into bird dogs. It's been a while since anyone posted in here.

warny

Reaction score
I'm Warren from southern N.B..I hunt deer,grouse,and coyotes.

Nice to see a few from New Brunswick.

Maritime Storm

Reaction score
I guess I'm late finding this site. I'm in Riverview, grew up in Irishtown and that's where I do most of my hunting, mostly small game.

Top Bottom