New California Smoking Ban

Marty

Reaction score
Senate OKs Smoking Ban Within 25 Feet of Playground

SACRAMENTO (AP) 8.12.02, 12:4op --

A bill prohibiting smoking within 25 feet of a children's playground was approved Monday by the state Senate.

Current law bars smoking or disposing of smoking material in a playground or tot sandbox area. The bill by Assemblyman Juan Vargas, D-San Diego, would extend that prohibition to cover an area within 25 feet of the facility. Violations could result in $250 fines.

Sen. Gloria Romero, D-Los Angeles, said the bill would protect children from being exposed to second hand smoke. A 22-14 vote returned the bill to the Assembly for consideration of Senate amendments.

+++++++++++

Do you suppose this could be extended to public parks and beaches????

Wildbio

Reaction score
Glad to see the Senate is working on important ground breaking legislation like this and not something like trivial like the Budget or something.

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you Wildbio, my sentiments exactly!:flameout:
steve

yotegetter

Reaction score
Good! Smoking does not good for anybody! Only at a bar with a couple of cold brews.

rusman66

Reaction score
I dont care much for smoking, but how many laws do we need. Gonna have to start carrying a pocket book everywhere you go so you know whats legal and whats not.

They should pass a law that the senate can no longer blow smoke out of their a$$e$.

Remshot

Reaction score
Way too much Big Brother if you ask me.I've smoked for years,about a half a pack, but I don't smoke in the house or car with the kids.
This anti-smoking thing is of the same mentality that wants firearms banned and meat products replaced with tofu .Same lawyers that went after cigarettes are working for the gun grabbers.
 What I want to know is why alcohol is o.k.? Seems it's acceptable in all social circle regardless of the deaths it has caused,more so than smoking.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom