New cam

robNhood

Reaction score
This is my newest cam. Not much different from my older cam except the smaller case.

MS20, Canon PF, Radio shack case.

Richard Webb

Reaction score
I like it, but I have 4 of those Radio Shack Hobbie boxes myself, and I'm wondering if they will leak when the winter storms hit? Is there a weather strip for those?

robNhood

Reaction score
I put a strip of electrical tape around the cover once it is ready to put in the woods. The hole for the flash and shutter are covered with glass and silicone and do not leak.

As of now, I haven't had any leakage problems...yet.

mike

Reaction score
I loved those boxes from Radio Shack. My first one got ripped apart by a 40# Racoon with a mean streak. The only thing I didn't like, was you had to have a screwdriver to open it in the woods. I moved up to old metal ammunition box. Plus there better when you have alot of bears around.

coyotehunters

Reaction score
I HAVE JUST FINISHED MY CAM USING THE INSTRUCTIONS FROM THIS SITE. YOU GUYS A THE GREATEST. THANKS A MILLION.I DO HOWEVER SEE THE NEED TO ADD A TIMER. I HAVE DONE A SEARCH ON THE BOARD AND I AM STILL CONFUSED ABOUT THE BEST TIMER TO TRY TO BUILD.CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT. REMEMBER I NEED SOMETHING THAT IS SIMPLE I AM NEW TO THIS ELECTRONIC STUFF.I AM REALLY AMZED THAT I WAS ABLE TO MAKE THIS WORK ON THE FIRST TRY.I USED THE RS PIR AND THE OWL PF.I AM PUTTING OUT MY CAMERA TODAY MAYBE I WILL HAVE PICTURES TO POST IN A FEW DAYS.

StringShooter

Reaction score
Congrats on building your first cam! :big-grin-aqua:

To tell you, I'm not up on the timers very much. You see, when that big fat doe walks by, I want to get a pic of the big buck on her heels. To each his own and I don't mind the multiple pics at all.

There are plenty of timer users here to help you though.

(Edited by StringShooter at 9:55 am on Dec. 14, 2001)

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats on the Camera coyotehunter.

I built four cameras for my self last winter.  This winter I plan on putting timers on most of them.  Not sure which way myself I will be going.

Good Luck,
ToddP

Bob R

Reaction score
I would have a timer if I was putting the camera on a feeder or feed pile, but I have several pics of a deer in one pic, and another in the next pic, sometimes the same minute, sometimes the next minute (looking at the time stamp on the pic).  These are deer that I would have missed if I had a programmed in delay.

Just food for thought.

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
I HAVE BUILT 5 CAMS AND ONLY ONE OF THEM HAS A TIMER.  UNLESS YOU SET IT DIRECTLY ON A FEEDER I WOULDN'T WORRY ABOUT IT.  I USED JOE D'S TIMER AND IT WORKS GREAT AND DOES EVERYTHING HE REPORTS IT TO DO.  IT IS BY FAR THE EASIEST TO HOOK UP TO YOUR EXISTING CAM.

max

Reaction score
Wow!!!That is one sharp set-up you got there...Nice job on the camo.I see you used a filter for the lens.
Really good work. Now make sure you post some of those first shots. Good Luck and Great job!!!
                MAX

Shake1

Reaction score
 Nice camera!  Great idea on the lock!  I see you used the Serpac case.  What type of adhesive did you use for the UV filter?  DId you use glass for the other holes (i.e. flash and AF emitter)?  What type of texturing is that?

Shake1

TmKarren

Reaction score
WOW   MCinIL.  Great job on the camera.  Nice setup, and great camo job.  What did you use for that??  You took your time and did it right the first time.  I just wanted my first one to get in the woods ASAP.  It worked but I had to up grade it twice.  I can't wait to see the pictures that thing takes.  :smiley-thumbs-up:

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Shake1, I used glass for the holes for the flash and emitter, and for the lens I used a 40.5 mm skylight filter/protector. Just a cheap one to help out. I also rough up the surface of the case and used auto body filler on the case to make the texture. It worked good on my other 2 cams so I tried it on this also. I mounted all the stuff to the box with 5min 2-part, clear epoxy from Walmart.  

Thanks all for the compliments,  now to get it to the woods. MC.

davered1

Reaction score
MCinIL,

Nice camera, I like the body filler idea.

How about you take a roll of pics with that camera like that and then cover the AF hole and snap off another roll and post pics from both I am curious to see the difference.

Top Bottom