NEW CAMERA BUILDER

WSHUNTER

Reaction score
HI I RECENTLY PURCHASED ALL THE PARTS I NEED TO BUILD A CAMERA FROM RADIO SCHACK AND NOW I AM LOOKING THRUOGH THESE FORUMS AND I SAW THE DIAGRAMS ON THE TOP OF THIS PAGE ABOUT THE SINGING RELAY AND WONDERING IF THIS IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE WIRED?  ALSO WONDERING ABOUT THE SWITCHES I SHOULD USE, IN THE ORIGINAL DRAWINGS AT THE BEGINING OF JESSE'S WEB PAGE IT SHOWS A SPST AND A DPDT SWITCH IN THE DIAGRAM JUST WONDERING IF  I SHOULD USE ONE OF THE OTHER OR BOTH(ADVANTAGES/DISADVANTAGES).

THANKS!     WSHUNTER

(Edited by WSHUNTER at 8:46 am on Mar. 20, 2002)

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Welcome WSHunter,

If your talking about the Colored diagram for the RS PIR diagram, the spst is for power on and off and the dpdt is to switch between the camera operation and the led for walk testing. You'll want the walk test feature, at least at first.  It's too much fun to watch it go off.  The flach will start bothering the other people in your office after a week or so. HaHa

As far as the singing relay, I'm not sure since I use the MS20.  I'm pretty sure to avoid that you wan't to wire to pin 2 on the chip to awoid it.  I think it happens when it's wired through the speaker.  Good luck and have fun.  I'm  sure someone else will post if this isn't correct.

INshedpicker

Reaction score
ArkansasElkHunter is right about connecting to pin 2 to avoid the singing relay.  But, I'm sure it's been agreed upon that the NEW revisions Tinhorn has come up with (which is currently near the top of this page) are better because it takes the stress off of the chip by not connecting to pin 2, thus extending the life of the unit.  With the original method, there was concern that the chip was being overloaded.

davered1

Reaction score
WSHUNTER,

If this is your first camera I would suggest that you build it following Jesse's diagram on his front page(color photo). If you modify sensor using jesses page you will have a full diagram and 2 time delays.5 sec(chime) and 30 sec(alarm)

While tinhorns mods do relieve unwanted stress to chip, after it is modified you can only use the 30 second time delay(alarm). Unless you are adding one of the many timers on this site diagram.

The first camera will be the hardest to build.Then you can modify your second one or add on to first one after you gain some confidence.

Tinhorns way is the way to go if you are powering a timer with your board though.

Just my 2 cents

Latest Posts

Top Bottom