New camera opinions

KANSASBUCKHUNTER

Reaction score
I am looking to make a new camera system. Any suggestions to the best setups? I have made several D380's with PIX boards, but would like a better camera and a smaller setup. Opinions please.

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
I would Look to the Sony's P32 or P 41 setup.

Higher mega Pixels at 3.2 and 4.1 respectively and respectable flash as well a lil better than the 380.
Smaller cam than the 380 in body size. On/off style controlled camera will last 4,5,6 weeks in the field on cameras batteries alone. 1.8 seconds to shutter a picture. also memory card size does not effect the shutter times compared to a 380. no limuts there as well.

Then theres the X 20's by Minolta. that can fit in a Pelican 1020 case and fits like a glove. It could not be made to order to fit any better.
2 mega pixel, fast to shutter, good on batteries. flash is about the same a s a 380.

If I was gonna build one setup today and only one It would be a P41 at this point.

Dan

KANSASBUCKHUNTER

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Can the P41 be wired like the P32, as in "No solder"? I definately want at LEAST a 3 meg camera, I have been out of it long enough I did not know about the 41.

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
The Mods are Identical on the P41 as the P32 You can still use the shutter assembly. BUT

You need to swap the common and power wires when going to the P41 so Common now goes to power and Power goes to Common.

Otherwise exactly the same. P 41 is faster and better on battery consumption thanm the P32. But considering how long the P32 lasts already, Not sure how big of a concern that will be.

Dan

Latest Posts

Top Bottom