New camera?

BULL MOOSE

Reaction score
eders.com has an ad in Peterson's Hunting mag for the Game Country Hawk-eye Jr for $136.99. Is this a new camera? I have not been able to find a website for it.

cgchris99

Reaction score
I believe this is the same camera my buddy bought.  Let just state that it doesn't work too well.  So far with two 36 exposure rolls he has 1 deer 2 hunters (one is him), a combine and many pictures of nothing but woods.

I told him he should build one.  But he wanted one in a hurry.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 After coming to this site and seeing how easy it is to build my own cam for less than $100.(I have 2 so far)I cannot see any reason for looking at these high priced cams that will not work any better. (sensor and flash range is not any farther than we build here)

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Bull Moose,
Passthru is right - build 'em yourself.

Game Country
229-883-4706
229-883-4766
http://www.game-country.com
2403 Commerce Lane
Albany, GA 31707

Link is a dud - just plays a Flash clip with no further info.

Archilochus

coyote

Reaction score
Dat you Bull?
Is this the orginal "Bull Moose" who helped pioneer the trailcam project on tn deer??
...yoteee'

BULL MOOSE

Reaction score
You got it yotee!! The way we built these things was by studying the commercial models for ideas. i like the case on that Hawk-eye and the ease of access.Also, $140 is not a bad price on that thing.

BTW,
I loved the video for the bear contest pic that I received from you. I don't even have a camera out now, but I am trying to get one of these public land KY bucks.Gotta work opening morning of gun season.

(Edited by BULL MOOSE at 12:04 pm on Nov. 8, 2001)

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Bull Moose,
Hacking a few of the commercial cams is how I started out building my own cams too, about 8 years back.

The enclosure for the Hawk-eye cam is made by Seahorse Manufacturing.  The only distributor I know of is a company called Serpac.  These boxes are similar to the Pelican boxes and cost ~$2.00 less.  My opinion is that the Pelican boxes are more than worth the extra 2 bucks.

Archilochus

coyote

Reaction score
glad your still kick'n round Bull.
But get that cam out ...there's a lot of competition for this years contest!!!  I still have no bear pics....I guess i'm to busy shed huntin' in the spring.
Glad you got the vid I was wonderin'...yoteee'

Top Bottom