new camo technique......

max

Reaction score
well this is my new attempt at camo........Requires a digital camera,a tree,some special printing paper with adhesive backing, and a can of silcone waterproof spray

(Edited by max at 9:59 pm on Jan. 22, 2002)

(Edited by max at 9:23 pm on Jan. 23, 2002)

TNhunter

Reaction score
Can't wait to see it and instructions on how it is done.  Reading this sent me on an investigation into waterproof media that can be used with inkjet printers.  With this type material, you can make your own camo-clad type camo with adhesive backing with photo-realistic patterns.  I found one material that could be used, TESLIN.  I have no idea what the cost of this stuff is, but it looks like the perfect media to use for this application.  Here is the website:

http://www.ppg.com/chm_teslin/

davered1

Reaction score
Max,

That looks great,did you scan a piece of bark to get that good a match?

Paper looks a little shiny?

guys right click on little square with x and copy and paste url.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Looks great!!! I'll have to go out and take a pic of the tree I'm going to put my cam on.I'll try it this weekend.

STR8SHTR

Reaction score
I finally got to look at it.  That's a great looking camo job.Also heck of an idea too.

max

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys Guys. Let me know and see(post some pics) how your camo jobs come out!!!
                      MAX

Fubar

Reaction score
Nice job! Good lookin camera.                 Fubar

Don

Reaction score
Nice job max.

Where did you get the paper with the adhesive back?
This looks like the kind of camo job I like.

max

Reaction score
Don,
I used a adehesive backed paper designed for inkjet printers called "Invent it!" (model#09030-0). I picked it up at a local grocery chain but I'm pretty sure any supply outfit would carry it. make sure you spray it with something like scoth gaurd or another waterproofing spray to keep it from getting wet.......Good Luck
                                              MAX

TNhunter

Reaction score
Still can't see the pictures or go to the URL listed.  I get the following message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /storage/1/v3/3/59/8/29835908NCtEMKMVzf_ph.jpg on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.14 Server at community9.webshots.com Port 80

max

Reaction score
TNHunter,
That would probably work the same just make sure it has a good adhesive quality and definately use the waterproof spray

just another picture...

PowDuck

Reaction score
All looked good till this last picture. Man, that really stands out. Dang good idea, just seems like it would be "tree specific."

TNhunter

Reaction score
The image of your bark just needs some color correction.  It has too much magenta in it (i.e. it is obviously too blue).  When doing this you'll need to tweak the colors making up your image with your image editing software.  There should be a function in your software to do this.  One more suggestion - it looks like you expanded the image to fill the full 8.5x11 page.  This blows up your bark pattern.  Instead of just blowing it up - increase the size of your image without blowing up the contents.  Then clone your original bark image into the other areas.  Most image editing software packages have cloning tools.

(Edited by TNhunter at 7:56 pm on Jan. 24, 2002)

TmKarren

Reaction score
Much better.  Great idea you have there.  Good looking cams.  You must have redid them?  Good job.  I'll have to try it on my next one.  Thanks  Maybe if you make the detail smaller on the cams to match the tree.  but hey they look great how they are.

(Edited by TmKarren at 7:55 pm on Jan. 24, 2002)

Don

Reaction score
Thanks Guys

This looks like an easy way to go and looks good.  I'll have to try it out.

Top Bottom