New D-370 set up & questions

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Hey people.  

I finished wiring up an Olympus D-370 last night in a metal first aid box from ******.  I'm very happy with it.  Best looking cam for me so far.  I always cut a big square for the RS PIR to stick out before.  Anyway, here's a couple pics of it for your enjoyment.  Maybe it will give some other people ideas on different ways to put these together.

I used an RS PIR for the motion detector.  I just mounted the fresnal lense and then mounted the whole RS housing onto the metal shelf.  I had to trim some of the housing off the front because it was hitting the lid.  I drilled four holes in the RS housing and dropped the wires for the count, mode, led and power through them.  I drilled a hole in the side to run the camera wires out.  

One thing I want to do is lock the lid down so someone can't get into it.  Any suggestions on how to do this??  Here's a pic of the lid.

Oen more pic.  Is this what happens when you don't use the flash?
 The person is blurry in the picture.  I also had a couple pics, like the pic above, that is tinted red.  Is that because I didn't use the flash?

I'm going to have a "U" bolt and an Eye bolt welded on the back with a chain to lock it to the tree and I need to camo it up yet.  

Later,
Todd

(Edited by ToddP at 10:27 am on July 22, 2002)

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Nice clean looking job on the cam Todd.

The pic looks good other than the blur. Everything else is crisp and clear.

vman

Reaction score
Nice looking cam.
Just one question, What are you using for switch covers?  I didnt see any.  

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Looks good,

My D-370 doesn't appear to take motion shots as well as a 35mm, I have several pics of animals in motion, and they all have a slight blur to them, not as bad as your sample pic, but it's still there.

RSB

Reaction score
Nice looking cam, maybe you could put a second chain around the box. or a hasp somehow. I just ordered me a D-370, then i will be able to post pics also.

davered1

Reaction score
Todd, Mine do the same when they take pics wit ha little movement, slight blurr.

The red is because there is not enough light when you took pic, have had a couple like that myself, horsing around with it trying to get my slave right.

dave

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom