New @ GPS, ANY HELP?

mrdux

Reaction score
I just bought a Garmin Map 76 and plan on using it for marking offshore structure in lakes.I also hope to use it while scouting for turkeys and waterfowl.Any beginner advise would be helpful.I also got  a MapSource Fishing Hot Spots CD-ROM.Will it be worth the effort?Thanks,Dux.

MNTNMAN

Reaction score
I would say that it would deffinately be worth it. Aside from the time that it would take, For me it would just be kind of fun.

Billy in VA

Reaction score
I have both a E-trex and a 12XL.  I also have Map Source and DeLorme Street Atlas 6.0  & TOPO USA and data cables for both of my GPS's.

I plot where I have hunted and where I want to place tree stands and see game. Using the TOPO USA I can even do estimates of where I think may be good spots to place tree stands.  

We just got back from S.TX where we hunted for pigs and I plotted out the area where we were and even made a map of the track we took tracking my son's hog.

They even give yuou sun-up and sun-down  time of day and ETA if you want all of this.

So the answer to your question is, yes. I love this new stuff. I just wish I were better at using it.    

Top Bottom