New Guy in Town

Hager

Reaction score
Hello,  I'm very impressed with this website, you all are full of good information.  I am moving to Carlsbad, CA in a couple of weeks and hope to get back into calling coyotes, I became addicted as a child back in the badlands of North Dakota.  I don't expect anybody to give away any secret spots but I would like to hear some views on where there are good areas for me to start calling in.  I'm a Marine so I am short on hunting time and will probably only be able to hunt in the southwest part of the state.  Thanks for any advice you experienced Californians can give me.

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
Hagar;  Welcome to Jesse's.  I'm sure you'll get a lot of help here.  Great bunch of guys.  We've got several members in the San Diego area, and one of our moderators (MarinePMI) works on the base.  If you check the JHP Events forum you'll see that we're having another coyote hunt at Lake Arrowhead (San Bernardino mountains) in July.  Try and see if you can make it.  Once it cools down we'll probably be doing some more varmint hunts at Wister (Salton Sea) too.  But, right now I'm sure some of our San Diego members will be glad to point you in the right direction.

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to JHP Hager.  You found the right website for helpfull info.  I hunt the Salton Sea area quite a bit.  You will never run out of Coyote's there. Scout between Brawley and Wister and you will find many areas to put a stand or two... or twenty.

Good luck.

sp

Thonzberry

Reaction score
Hager, Welcome to Jesse's the best place on the web. Take of your shoes and pull up a chair near the campfire and stay awhile. Like Bishop said, there will be the JHP hunt in  Lake Arrowhead. Good luck and hope to see you there.

EVAN III

Reaction score
   Hager,

Welcome to Jesse's forum. As you can tell there are a great bunch of guys and gals here. This is the best site on the web and the most informative place for info on california. Again welcome to Jesse's and California!!!

EVAN III

stickman

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. If you can try and make one of the JHP hunts. Also feel free to ask any question you want. The guys here are more than willing to point you in the right direction.

yotegetter

Reaction score
Welcome to JHP Hager! Our next hunt looks like it will be out in Arrowhead. If you're around you should join us.

Hager

Reaction score
Thanks all for the welcome.  I'm already addicted to this website. I've learned a heck of a lot already about  Southern CA hunting.  I guess I didn't realize there were so many with the same passion for coyote calling.

Top Bottom