New guy

Jimbo427

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Jim and I wanted to introduce myself. I am brand spankin' new to hunting and was extremely happy to find this forum. After reading through most of the posts, this seems to be a very friendly and informative place.

I received my first deer tag over the summer and am looking forward to spending much time in the woods.

All the best,

Jim

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome, Jim!  This is a really great forum, lots of neat people.  Check out Jesse's site for lots of good info on hunting.  

What area did you draw this year?  I'll be hunting D-11 and D-13.  Not a lot of deer, but at least it's close to home.  

Regards,
Paul

Jimbo427

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the welcome! I am going through the site and the message board with a fine tooth comb.

I drew X9A. First time drawing and I got an X zone. I was very happy. Now I need to make the most of it. I told my wife I wouldn't be around much in those 24 days. :)

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
There truly is no justice in this world.  First time in the draw and he gets an X-9a tag.  You should have bought a lotto ticket instead.  Maybe next year I'll let you lick the envelope that I use to send in my application.  ;)

Best of luck on your hunt.  It should be a good one, I've seen some Buckzillas up there while fishing.  All around Bridgeport is awesome.  

Regards,
Paul

Jimbo427

Reaction score
I know. I almost didn't want to say which zone I drew. I am very thankful for it though. Now I'll probably never draw it again!

My friends father, who usually has no luck in the draw, drew both an X zone and an elk tag this year! And no, I didn't lick the envelope. :ABG

Thank you. And I appreciate the Bridgeport tip. I'm poring over maps trying to find some good spots.

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO CALIF. DO YOU GUYS HAVE TO BE DRAWN TO GET TO HUNT?  I LIVE IN NC  MAN THAT SUCKS.  THIS IS AMERICA, IM AMERICAN I HUNT WHEN I WANT TO. AS LONG AS THE SEASONS IN THAT IS. I FEEL FOR YOU GUYS.

hunter mike

Reaction score
Hi Swampfoot,

We draw for premium tags in mule deer zones.  Anyone can buy a general tag for our western and desert zones.  We get 2 deer tags a year here.

Mike

Fubar

Reaction score
Jimbo  Welcome to Jesses Forum. This is a great bunch of guys and gals. Lots of info here too. Congratulations on your X9A tag. Dont forget to get some pics and send a report.        Fubar

Grumpy

Reaction score
Welcome Jimbo,we only have to draw for antlerless tags here in Ontario,Canada.But unless you bow hunt you are limited to one deer a year,add one more in certain areas if you use archery.
Jesse's got a great page and forum,and the people posting are tops and know there stuff,hope to hear that you had a great season.

Grump

mike

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Jimbo, I hear you got a good pick on drawing a hunting tag. I don't feel so bad now, to know that other states use that system. Here in Pennsvlvania, where having our first Elk Hunting ever. And it costs $10 bucks to enter Win or Lose. And their only drawing 30 Tags for the whole state. I think I'll stick to the Pa lottery better chances.. lol

Jimbo427

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I do appreciate the welcome. I've been reading the boards like mad and have gotten alot of great information.

Thank you Jesse for putting this great site up.

I hope to come back with some good photo's.

All the best,

Jim

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to our forum Jimbo. Looking forward to your pics.

stickchucker

Reaction score
Montana boy in California around the Sacramento area looking for any information on yotes in the area

andrew

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Nice to see another coyote hunter around the sacramento area. Drop me an e-mail and I can turn you on to a decent spot for yotes(if you can call decently) up in Rocklin.

Bill Schultz

Reaction score
Well I did it. I made my first game camera out of the canon sureshot owl pf date using the mainstays WM2 pir. I mounted it in a shotgun chock holder that I bought from gander mountain for ten dollars and it is allready camoflaged. I don't know If this is the box you guys are talking about or not it has a plastic container on top for the chockes and the bottom is for shells or tools. Unfortunatly I ruined my first owl pf date with bad solders.  My wife told me I can't make another one. Little does she know I already have a wm2 wired and have located a snappy at a pown shop for twenty dollars.  Set up the camera in the living room last night and got 7 hits from the family cat and one of my wife.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Welcome Bill, My wife,children,dogs and cats all walked around with flash burn when I built my first one. Just testing it out is what I kept saying.Good luck.

Top Bottom