New Housing

d91

Reaction score
Guys, I've been non-posting for a while but thought I just had to let you know about this housing... it works really well. I email-ed some pics to Jesse- did you get them Jesse?

link to housing ( $23 at cameron-barkely)
http://www.hoffmanonline.com/PDFCatalog/Commercial/index.htm

click on type 3R enclosures then click on small. It is rainproof, easy to modify. The cameras fit perfectly and I am mounting the MS-20 to the front of the box. I couldn't be happier with it.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi d91,
Where did you buy this companies products?  I tried to buy some stuff from them several years ago but they said they only sold wholesale.  Has this changed?

Archilochus

d91

Reaction score
Arch,
You can only get it via web or from an electrical supply distributor. Most prices here in SC range from 22-25 dollars. That web price probably doesnt include shipping and the little thing will cost 10 to ship.

I am using the 12V 1.2 Ah Elk and powersonic batteries... getting over 3 weeks of service and everything fits super well in the box. I've tried everything I could get my hands on and this is the only one I would recommend. Plus, I got mine free from the local Hoffman rep... pays to be an architect- sometimes.

(Edited by d91 at 10:28 am on June 4, 2001)

Archilochus

Reaction score
Thaks for the info guys.  I never seem to come up with any good "hits" with the search engines.

Archilochus

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
OK HERE IT GOES BEFORE I POST THIS I WILL GO TO WALLY WORLD AND BUY EVERY LAST ONE I CAN FIND. JUST KIDDING
I HAVE BEEN EXPERIMENTING W/CHEAPO HOUSING UNIT. IVE HAD 2 OUT NOW FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND THEY HAVE BEEN THROUGH ONLY ONE RAIN STORM THUS FAR BUT THEY DIDNOT LEAK. FOUND THEM AT WALMART THE OTHER DAY A SPINNER BAIT BOX MADE BY PLANO  MODEL 3503 FOR $3.17  NOT VERY STURDY BUT THOUGHT IT WOULD BE AS GOOD AS NESTLE QUIK CONTAINER .  ALL I DID WAS REMOVE TOP SHELF LEFT MIDDLE SHELF FOR CAMERA TO SIT ON AND THE MS20 FIT BELOW THIS SHELF VERY NICELY IN ITS PLASTIC HOUSING .  THIS THING HAS A PLASTIC DOOR YOU CAN SEE THROUGH SO NO MEASURING JUST LOOK AND MARK AND DRILL AWAY.  SILICONE AND HOT GLUE SEEM TO BE ADHERING VERY NICELY AND SOME GOOD CLOTH CAMO TAPE AND MAN THIS THING LOOKS GOOD.   I USED MINE IN THE VERTICAL POSITION W/HINGES ON LEFT SIDE FACING UNIT.  DOOR SNAPS SHUT W/PLASTIC TABS.  I DID ADD SOME SILICON TO THE TOP PART W/DOOR AND HOUSING COME TOGETHER TO MAKE LIKE A GASKET.  SO FAR SO GOOD.    THIS THING IS WONDERFUL FOR $3.17   CHECK THEM OUT IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIMENT SOME.     FORGOT TO MNTION THAT I ALSO USED SOME SMALL EYEHOOKS DIPPED IN THE PLASTI DIP STUFF YOU PUT ON TOOL HANDLES SCREWED THEM INTO HOUSING AND GLUED SAME IN REALLY GOOD TO ATTACH SAME TO TREE.               

(Edited by SWAMPFOOT at 9:54 pm on June 4, 2001)

homer

Reaction score
Richard                                                                     Did you order one of them hoffman boxes for $15.25?  If so is it the same as the one d91 mentioned in his post? Also how much did they hit you for shipping?                  Thanks Homer

Richard Webb

Reaction score
homer-

No, I'm in the process of building 3 ea of Jon Bain's Cams in a Radio Shack 4 X 6 X 2 plastic hobbie box.  I have one completed now, and it worked excellent the first time out.  I was pretty worried about loosing it, so I made up a security box out of a 7.62 mm ammo box.  Jon's cam is a perfect fit inside the ammo box with an empty 35 mm film canister wedged on each side.  I have a book wedged on the back side for now, but am looking for something lighter.  Later, I plan to try one of the more expensive Hoffman boxes, but so far the Radio Shack 4 X 6 X 2 attached to a tree with nylon OD Para-Cord is compact and easy to tie up.  The ammo can is a real pain to tie up, but of course, is's a lot more secure.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom