New Hunter from Sunnyvale

Reel Outdoorsman

Reaction score
Hi, all. I grew up around hunting, shooting and fishing but was never much interested in it as a kid. But when I moved to California, I began spending a lot more time outside, racking up thousands of miles bikepacking, mountain biking, backpacking, and the like.

I've always been interested in animals, wildlife, plant communities while I'm out there (i.e. not "just" exercise in the woods), my interest has spread lately and I started getting more interested in fishing and hunting.

I fish as often as I can, usually from shore: surf fishing for perch, poke poling, harvesting mussels and snails, or seeking out planted trout from shore.

I just took my hunter ed course and am planning to buy my first rifle soon, and start practicing with it. I hope to build experience hunting ground squirrels, jackrabbit, and (once it opens) upland game. If I'm still excited about things next year (hope so!), I think that'll be the first year for me to hunt big game.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
When i saw "New Hunter from Sunnyvale" I said to myself that's impossible, there's only Techies and engineers and computer geeks there......lol
Welcome to Jesse's and good luck!....tra

Top Bottom