• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

New hunting tool

Revo2811

I bought this rifle a few weeks ago. It's a Winchester model 70 7mm rem. Brand new never been shot just stored (20 years)Many say it's a super charged 270. It will be my go to for those long open shots .

Man of few words

Last edited:

Bubblehide

I haven't used a 7mm in a few decades now, but in the past, I harvested a whole lot of animals with one. Purdy rifle you got there!

Planetcat

Incredible find. Congrats on a mighty fine rifle. Hard to beat a 7mm mag in North America. Love those Winchester model 70's.

Brnsvllyjohn

I have been shooting a Model 70 7mm mag for 20 years now. I hardly ever carry my other rifle. Nice looking gun and a great find.

Revo2811

Thanks
No haven't named it or shot it yet
Tried to order my scope yesterday And they are on back order vortex viper hs
now I'm just waiting

Man of few words

Revo2811

well here it is all dressed up can't wait to take it out and see how it performs

Man of few words

Revo2811

Was that from our friend, I know you were kicking It around for a couple months. glad you got it!!!
it was on my Christmas list!
Yep that's where it came from. Took a while to recv scope they are on back order like 6weeks

Man of few words

Revo2811

Well this is how it performed at 200yds .shot 10 rounds and adjusted the scope. the last 3 shots did well .7mm has a good kick to it so took a break for the day

Man of few words

Brnsvllyjohn

What load did you use? We have a couple of 7mm mags and mine (model 70 stainless) seems to prefer the Trophy Copper by Federal and the other gun (Remington 700) shoots the GMX loads from Hornady pretty well. Neither one really likes the Barnes but we might try some different bullet weights in Barnes.

Revo2811

What load did you use? We have a couple of 7mm mags and mine (model 70 stainless) seems to prefer the Trophy Copper by Federal and the other gun (Remington 700) shoots the GMX loads from Hornady pretty well. Neither one really likes the Barnes but we might try some different bullet weights in Barnes.
I used the federal trophy copper 150gr
going to try and get out again this week . Depending on work

Man of few words

Top Bottom