New injection may prevent Lyme disease

chompot

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spectr17 @ Mar 20 2008, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I know more turkey hunters who have dealt with Lyme's disease than any other hunters. Don't mess around with this disease, it's a silent killer. Use permethrin to keep the ticks off.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/...80319193029.htm[/b]
I like that idea. I was out doing some scouting last weekend and had a few on my clothes. My girlfriend did too, you can believe she wasnt happy with me after that one. I never Turkey hunt without Permithin (or however it is spelled).

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Do we have Lyme disease in California? Because San Diego is loaded with ticks............

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I'm not sure Steve. I had the test done twice about 3 years ago here in CA when I had the symptoms after getting bit by a tick in CA. Doc came in reading a book about ticks and Lyme's, he had never seen a tick in his young life.

Turns out there are many tests for different types of ticks so I picked the 2 that had to do with deer ticks and they drew some blood and 2 weeks later they said nope.

The buddies that have had Lyme's got a bullseye rash around the tick bite, then severe pain in their joints. The debilitating pain comes and goes so they both didn't go to a doc right away. I did the same thing, waited till the pain got real bad.

I've read where the test may not show a positive either and they suggest retesting just to make sure. Also many docs like mine, had no idea what Lyme's was. Don't be afraid to print out articles on Lyme's if you think you have it to show your doc.

PA for some reason has the most cases I've seen.

bn2hunt

Reaction score
Where do you buy permethrin? We have a lot of ticks in this area and I have been looking for a good tick repelent. I tried Tick off and it helped but it had an odor that I could smell so I was hesitant to use it during deer season. Does the stuff you use have an odor?

Top Bottom