• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

New Kifaru Pack Pics

Gaucho Wino

That new frame looks sweet. I have the old duplex frame and the bikini frame. I'm not a fan of the bikini...might be time to sell it and upgrade!

Where's Bruce?

Wow, this old thread is back up? Ha! You won't be the first to upgrade GW but I kept my old Duplex frame and DT1 pack cuz I think it's fine for many applications and still far superior to most options I have (and i own like 14 packs now). That said, this rig was a joy to hunt in last fall in the Rockies. Everything I needed fit in the pouches easily...nice light and tight rig.

View attachment 88533

Last edited:

TheGDog

500ml of water equals 1Lbs.

1 Gallon = 3.89 Liters
5 Gallon = 19.45 Liters

19.45 * 2 = 38.9 Lbs.

Where's Bruce?

3L bladder (full) is about 6.6lbs. In day mode my pack is 16-18lbs depending on water consumption...sometimes I carry a 2L bladder. If i knew then what i knew now i would never have purchased a low end pack ever. A quality pack makes the day so much better. Like boots and optics...spend as much as you can afford, if necessary ask for kifaru gift certificates for Christmas. That's my advice.

signguy

From your last picture it looks as though you are a fair and balanced guy.
Thanks for all the info on the packs.

Son and I drew elk and deer this year- the packs are gonna get a lot of use!

Where's Bruce?

More like fair and unbalanced. Shortly after this photo was taken (Sep '15) my buddy and I proceeded to stumbled down the wrong (steep) mountain face and busted ourselves up good. Been unable to workout until two weeks ago. The Rockies kicked my butt!

Top Bottom