New Lake Perris Record Bass 18 lb.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
New Lake Perris Record Bass.

Jim Matthews Column, 1/2/02

A new lake record largemouth bass was caught here last Friday when Will Steele of Idaho landed an 18-pound largemouth fishing a home-made trout lure at the launch ramp. He was fishing with Jerry Rago, Independence, who caught bass at 11-8 and 9-4. All three fish were released after being weighed on the marina's certified scale. Lake regulars report seeing this big bass near the launch ramp for at least two seasons.

The big bass replaces the 17-6 lake record caught in 1999. The big bass are showing in good numbers at Perris for anglers throwing the big trout-like baits, and a trout plant scheduled for this week is likely to attract a mob of bass boats with anglers looking for monster bass like the new record. There is also still a decent bite on smaller fish for anglers fishing outside points with crawdads, jigging spoons, or finesse plastics. Crawdads are best.

sportyg

Reaction score
Way to go congrats... Glad he was put back..

andrew

Reaction score
Man, that fish is a pig! maybe I should go to Idaho and catch a lake record..........just what do they fish for out there?

Fubar

Reaction score
What is sticking out of the fishes gill?            Fubar

Mnfshrman

Reaction score
Fubar, I'm not sure what it is but i would guess its the remains of a trout.  These fish get this big from feeding on the trout the state is stocking in the lakes....

Latest Posts

Top Bottom