New law on selling video or pics taken in NF,

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Any see this yet? Do you know anyone fined under this new law?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Attention Videographers and Cameramen

New laws prohibit the selling of any video footage from Forest Service, BLM and State Lands from this day forward. Anyone who produces a video to sell or is compensated for selling one second or more of video footage is breaking the law unless they have a permit. Permits are required for every different National forest or BLM area you will be filming in.  They will be watching any videos produced and handing out some heavy fines. You must obtain a film permit from Forest Service and the BLM. A  1 Million dollar insurance policy is required which runs about $2,000 a year. This policy is nationwide, for TV, video, any minute or second, except photographs from BLM is exempt. Just a friendly note to keep everyone from a lot of fines and court costs![/b]

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
Unbelieveable.... who makes up these Laws...

Last year I had 3 Digital Cams taken from me by Park Rangers stating that I was not allowed to place them on state Land. Violated the Abandoned property act.

A step further I was told I was not allowed off of designated trails within the Park system.

Who creates these Laws and when was there a Vote to pass them. I for One am getting sick and tired of Laws being delagated and handed down with No vote. These Park systems are Backed By Taxes paid by those within the Community. there wages are paid by the People.

Why is it some Beurocrat adopts and hands down a law without anyone getting to vote on it.

Im venting, But its tiring whats happening in this country OUR RIGHTS are becoming less and less... Just another way To fill there Pockets...

Dan

MIbuckdropper

Reaction score
Dang right Dan...thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard of.....forget the law.

bbruno

Reaction score
I would be reall curious to know where that law came from and IF it is really a law. Some places that is the case but all I have ever heard is on hunting club leases. Wardens should know that type of thing....

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Most states you already have to obtain a use permit to guide and have a bond/insurance policy also. Since the states and feds are looking for more money this is where the squeeze is coming.

If you publish or sell anything filmed or photographed on these lands be very careful.

I'm still digging on where the law is written exactly. I know our local NF has this requirement for guiding but haven't seen the permit required to film until now.

The quote is off Doyle Moss's website, a well know muley guide and videographer.

What irks me is we pay for our land use with our hunting and fishing licenses and here in SoCal we also pay the $35 annual Adventure PAss fee to use the forest.

Triple taxation at it's finest.

W

wildebeast

So they are going to give that warning to all the tourists that travel through all the parks, some of them get great sunset photos, I don't believe that for a minute.

Insurance for one million dollars, what a joke.

cliff

Latest Posts

Top Bottom