New law on selling video or pics taken in NF,

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Any see this yet? Do you know anyone fined under this new law?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Attention Videographers and Cameramen

New laws prohibit the selling of any video footage from Forest Service, BLM and State Lands from this day forward. Anyone who produces a video to sell or is compensated for selling one second or more of video footage is breaking the law unless they have a permit. Permits are required for every different National forest or BLM area you will be filming in.  They will be watching any videos produced and handing out some heavy fines. You must obtain a film permit from Forest Service and the BLM. A  1 Million dollar insurance policy is required which runs about $2,000 a year. This policy is nationwide, for TV, video, any minute or second, except photographs from BLM is exempt. Just a friendly note to keep everyone from a lot of fines and court costs![/b]

Skipper

Reaction score
I've never heard of this, but I did send a questioning e-mail to one of the editors who buys stuff from me regularly to see if they've heard of any such foolishness. I think if this is the case, there ought to be a loud out cry.

I can see a permit needed for shooting a movie or tv show or the like, but driving up in the smokies to photo deer or elk is another matter.

Skipper

foulshot

Reaction score
Is that from an "official" source? That is a crock. First Adventure passes now this, man aren't they getting enough money yet.
So much for looking out for the little guy!

Top Bottom