New MARTEN pics

davered1

Reaction score
This guy hung around my wolf bait for about 2 weeks. After 48 pics of him from about 20ft I moved cam to within 5 ft from bait.

Got these neat pics of him (and 20 others)

Promised my wife and kids I wouldn't trap this one :handgrab:

jayber

Reaction score
Kewl!  Never seen one of those before....in the wild or captivity.  Thanks for posting!

BTW, what are they good for, their pelts?  Furry lookin' critter!!

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Nice pics,

Is that the same thing as a pine marten? I saw one of those on our farm a few years ago. It had a little more red in the coat than that one, and it had a white patch on it's chest. I haven't seen one since, I'd love to catch one on film though.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Cool pics!!! Looks like he likes your bait. Thanks for posting keep them coming.

INshedpicker

Reaction score
Are those from a Snappy?  Been waiting to see some night pics from one.

davered1

Reaction score
jayber, Trap them for the pelts.just shipped mine into fur auction 3weeks ago and averaged $45 US per pelt.pretty good.pictureof just there pelt

coyotebandit,

It is a pine marten, we got thousands of them around here.Pretty easy to tame,you can have one eating out of your hand in about 2 weeks.

msfelton,

Those are from a snappy QT with 400 spd film,

MBullism

Reaction score
Really "kewl"...

I haven't seen one of those in twenty years, back in my trappin' days.

Whose to say you didn't catch a "DIFFERENT" one, yea, that's it, a "DIFFERENT"one...

Thanks for postin' 'em.

M

Dan K

Reaction score
Those are great pics. Marten is next on my list of animals to get a picture of. We don't have too many around here though, so it might take awhile.

-dan

swampfox

Reaction score
nice pics. i've never seen a martin here in FL. that  snappy looks like it does a jam up job!

TmKarren

Reaction score
I like the pictures.  The snappy takes a good picture.  Thanks for sharing them.

:microwave-nuke:

(Edited by TmKarren at 5:37 am on Mar. 14, 2002)

Rooter

Reaction score
I am from PA, but went out to Colorado last fall for Elk.  One of my buddies kept trying to tell me he saw a Gremlin.  We laughed so hard at him.  He said it looked like a big squirrel with the face of a gremlin.  When I saw your pic I knew that is what he saw.  I sent him the link.  He said that was it.  You can tell there are not many of these in my area.  great pic!

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
I thought I say these on the discovery channel and they were called by a different name.  Seems like it started with an "F".  Do they eat porcupines like the one on the discovery channel.  Yes we don't have any down here in the south.

Nice pictures out of the Snappy.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Brian,

Your probaly thinking of a Fisher, I think they are quite a bit bigger, but still a member of the Weasel family. I have only seen one, they are pretty rare around here.

davered1

Reaction score
bukraker,

3 gallons of frozen fish. Moved it last week to try pics of a cougar.With a little luck

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Yep your right I was thinking of a Fisher.

coyotebandit,
I just noticed when I shipped you your board that you are from Madison WI.

When I played pro baseball in the minors I played there for the middle A team for the chicago whitesox.  It was the first game that got called because it was too cold to play.  I think the team there was the minor league team for the Oakland A's at the time.

Beautiful country.  Whe we passed the river and hit the mountains I was steadily looking at the deer crossing signs in hopes of seeing a deer.  Man the good ole days are gone.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Brian,

I used to go watch some of those games when I was a kid. I haven't seen one for awhile though. That's pretty cool that you got to travel around playing baseball, not many people get to do something like that. It's a good thing your not in the Majors, or we would all be missing out on your true talent...He He

We don't really have any mountains around here. Out at our hunting land we do have some very large hills though. In fact years ago there was a guy who would come out and launch a hanglider off the front of one of them. It's a pretty view overlooking the Wisconsin river valley. I'll have to post a pic sometime.

Last year statewide we had somewhere around 44,000 deer car collisions, I think the highest in the nation. The county I live in had over 5,000 alone.

Right now I have one of my cameras pointing at one of the many limestone caves that we have, trying to get a bobcat pic, or whatever else lives in the caves. I have never seen a bobcat, but I have seen their tracks.

(Edited by coyotebandit at 7:49 am on Mar. 15, 2002)

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
coyotebandit,

Man what a small world.  I seem to remember a skiing lane cut in the mountain you could look out and see either at the hotel where we stayed or close to the ball park.

I played for about 2 1/2 years.  It was pretty fun.  I ended up throwing my arm out by tearing my rotator cup in half.  I had surgery on it and never fully recovered as far as pitching is concerned.  It doesn't bother me anymore though.

That is a lot of deer collisions.  Sounds like they need some thinning out. :)

Top Bottom