New Mexico Oryx 08

ronaldo

Reaction score
My hunting buddy and I had a fun hunt at White Sands, New Mexico early in 08 taking two bulls that were 35 inches. As you can see from the first picture my bull has a broken horn. I passed up many broken horn bulls only to have this one break off part of his horn when he was thrashing around after my shot. In doing the mount (picture 2) the taxidermist did a great job in duplicating the missing horn piece with a metal pin and epoxy.

One Track

Reaction score
Congrats on two beautiful animals. Your taxi guy did a great job. I would have replaced the horn as well, if'n it broke after the shot. Nice job.

Probably the most awesome looking horned animal on the planet. Hoping to get one myself this July.

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
Congrats to you and your bud on a couple of dandy bulls!

Your taxi did a great job on that busted tip.

Someday I'll draw a tag for that hunt

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
Some great bulls! You have to admire the art of the taxiderist, good ones are worth their weight in gold, and by the looks of it you have one!

superduty

Reaction score
That's a dandy. Congrats to you and your buddy there.

grayghost03

Reaction score
Great bulls, hope I am as lucky in Oct. Early 08 hunt, how did you get such a fast turn around on your taxidermist work, mine usually takes 9 months to a year? Again congratulations on a fine pair of bulls.

Coues

Reaction score
Awesome?

They let you have cameras on the WSM range now?

ronaldo

Reaction score
Cameras/pictures are still not allowed on the White Sands range and this includes cellphones with cameras . We had to hustle like crazy with a two wheeled cart to get the animals back to the pickup truck in one piece and off the range to set up for pictures. Many hunters stash their camera in the brush outside the gate, but we left ours with a taxidermist/processor set up outside the gate.
Ron

Buck-eye

Reaction score
Beautiful mounts fellas. That is high on my list of animals. Many congrats.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom