New Mexico - Unit 7

snoopdogg

Reaction score
Drew Unit 7, can't scout it but I'll take whatever leads anyone has to offer. I'm doing the usual, talking to everybody I know and I'm conducting as much research as possible prior to, but I will not have ground time prior to the hunt.

So, if anybody has a bone they can throw, much appreciated.

wmidbrook

Reaction score
Was that a Garth pick? ...just curious how you went about picking it.

snoopdogg

Reaction score
I drew with a buddy--he's the one who suggested it.

wmidbrook

Reaction score
I'd guess along the Jic/2C border or the Jemez but it's really flat & open down there compared to the Largo Canyon area in 2C....maybe you can get lucky and cut the tracks of a nice buck down there. West of Cuba looked interesting when I drove thru there a few years back. I'd be on the phone with biologists/wardens and such for sure....

snoopdogg

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'm doing what I can (phone, net, maps, contacts). Much appreciated.

sagebrush

Reaction score
Hey Snoop

You might try giving Rory Truby a call (505) 860-1993. He guides in 2C & 2B and lives in Bloomfield. He loves mule deer hunting and doesn't mind sharing info with like minded people. Of course, he will probably offer to guide you or do a scouting package or some such thing as well. He's a deputy sheriff that likes to hunt more often than he can draw a tag and generates his hunting money from his guide business.

Top Bottom