• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

new old rifle

sidepass

View attachment 80495My barreled action finally came home from McMillan yesterday after 7 months. 300 H&H mag, Sako FN from the 50's. New stock is a mark x in McWoody. Will be going to Charlie Santoni for coating and be bedded at the same time. This barreled action came to me about 3 years ago. Sat in GS hell for 18 months and finally recovered it and the project is moving forward.

eoats

That is a gorgeous wood stock! When I got my Weatherby I was very tempted by some beauties, none half as good, that I would have paid another $350 more for. Beauty. (300 H&H & no muzzle break? ouch!)

sidepass

Launching 190 long range accubonds at Elk. Scope currently will be a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 BT -4W and yes sir I do handload. This is #3 300 H&H mag. MRC custom and a Ruger #1 in same. These days use 300 WSM data and have been very happy with the results. This old classic deserves to be used, put it in a cheap Ramline plastic stock and it shot 1 inch groups. Hopefully the micky will provide a more stable platform and the results will show.

eoats

Curiouslity has got the best of me... What did that grogeous piece of furniture cost?

sidepass

Sir, it is a synthetic stock made by McMillan. Called a McWoody, the color is impregnated not painted. Cost for my application was about $750.00 Had to send in my barreled action for a perfect fit. Along with a 7 month wait time. Charlie Santoni will cerakote the rifle in color that looks like bluing. Want to keep the look classic while hunting with a rifle resistant to the elements. I'll post my FN based 9.3 x 62 and you'll see what my cerakote will look like.

Last edited:

sidepass

View attachment 806345 shot group today. #5 I pulled .sshit happens for sure. 168 Berger , raining so chrono stayed home. 1/2 inch group first 4 .Best part is I never checked torque on action screws.Loose! Any how was checking to make sure barrel was good to go before cerakote happens. Will move forward.

Top Bottom