New pics.

Possum

Reaction score
This is off my buddy's stand.

I think I need to work on the flash bleed.

(Edited by Possum at 8:56 pm on Oct. 8, 2001)

Fubar

Reaction score
Possum  Thanx for sharing the pics. The turkey came out great.              Fubar

Welby

Reaction score
Possum, makes ya feel good to see those first pictures, don't it?  Boy, I'd nail that turkey!

To kill that flash bleed, use two separate pieces of glass for the lens and the flash.  Also, cut a 1/2" thick donut ring from a piece of 1" foam pipe insulation and place it around the camera lens so that when you snug it up to the glass of your camera housing, it creates a solid junction between the housing and the camera.  Flash bleed won't get through that, though you must be careful to keep it centered so that the foam will not infringe on your pictures.

Possum

Reaction score
I don't think the one piece glass is the problem. I think the foam shield is.  The last group of pics off this cam were fine.  I think the camera did not seal up against the foam.  I will use your idea about the foam doughnut.  That seems better than using a half moon around the flash.  

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
I made my first camera with one piece of glass.  The results were washed out.  Once I broke that piece out and replaced with two seperate pieces I didn't have a problem with flash wash out.

Todd

Deertrembl1

Reaction score
Quick question here guys. I cannot view Possum's pics. All i see are four boxes with a red "x" in it. Why is that.

Michael

gizz

Reaction score
Deertrembl1 - Try refreshing the page. If that don't work try right-clicking on the each pic then select "show picture" from the resulting menu.

You may also want to go to the properties of Internet Explorer(assuming your using that browser) and then go to General Tab. About half ways down the page look for "temporary internet files" and click the "settings" button. "Check" the little circle next to "check for newer versions of stored pages" - every visit to the page.
This should reduce the little red x's somewhat.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Deertrembl1

Try this, rite click on the red X and select "Show Pix" and just see if it displays.

Then:
if you have IE goto <Tools> <Internet Options> <Advanced> scroll down to <Multimedia> and be sure <Show Pix's> are selected

How'd I do Gizz?  

Tinhorn

Deertrembl1

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I tried what both of you suggested but still no pics. Thanks anyway.

Michael

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Set my cam up tonight for the first time 20 ft from my treestand then climbed up to hunt the evening out,right before dark i had deer all over me,seen my first 4 pics taken,Spike,but it was funny watching him try to figure out what was going on,he kept shaking his head like he thought he was seeing things,then walked all the way around the cam trying to figure it out hehehehe.  I let them all go,i was having to much fun watching this little buck.

Was wondering about the single peice of glass,i may have to fix mine i guess.

Possum

Reaction score
Hey guys, I promise you it is not the one piece glass.  This is a cam that has had 10+ rolls of film through it.  It is the foam shield.  The foam I use wasn't thick enough to totally shield the lens.  I am modifying it using the foam doughnut method around the lens that Welby suggested.  The original foam came off and I replaced it with a smaller thickness by mistake.  If it was the glass, the entire photo would be washed out due to the fact the glass extends across the entire diameter of the lens.  Since it is in the right hand corner I know that it is coming from one direction through air and not glass.  I have used one piece glass in both cams and never had a problem.  Maybe it is the type of glass?  The second deer pic looks like flash bleed across the entire side of the photo, but it is not.  It was a foggy morning that morning and that pic was cropped to make it smaller.  The fog showed up in the flash part of the picture not around the outside darker edges.  Thanks for the doughnut idea Welby.  I had been using the half moon around the flash method.

Top Bottom