NEW PIR

JoeD

Reaction score
I was shopping on Amazon electronics the other day, and I noticed this PIR kit and decided to buy it.  I received the unit today. It took about 20 minutes to build.  The directions were easy to follow.  I think most people would not have a problem builing it.  I added a 5volt reed relay on the output of the PIR and its working fine.  This PIR has a few nice features, that I think a lot of you guys would be interested in.  There are 3 sensitivity controls built into the circuit.  One for  adjusting the sensitivity of the PIR. One for daylight sensitivity, for example, you can set it to be inactive in daylight and active at night time.  And the third adjusts the output pulse from 1.5 seconds to 30 seconds or so.  I have not hooked it up to one of my timers or checked the current draw.  I wouldn't think there would be any problems.  The PIR has a voltage regulator in it and runs in the 9-12 volt range.  It comes with a fresnal lense, but not a flat one, you'll have to buy your own lense.  It says it detects out to 18 feet, I'm getting at least twice that.  
The price is $20.95  
Order Code: CPS30  
http://www.electronics123.com/amazon

This might be a nice alternative to the RS or MS20 PIR'S.

(Edited by JoeD at 9:32 pm on July 16, 2002)

gizz

Reaction score
Thanks for posting JoeD.
Always need to be on the lookout for new "stuff".

Advertisement

Top Bottom