New possible California State record Archery Buck

in2blacktail

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of being one of four certified CBH measurers' at a committee scoring event last night. We believe this blacktail rack might be the next state record here in California. This buck measurered 167 4/8 final, with just over 3 inches in deductions. Very nice. I will let the picture speak for itself for all you who admire this awesome species of deer.

Attachments

BDB

Reaction score
Nice buck. Lots of points. So you gonna post the GPS location for us Brian?????? Ah hell it was probably taken on private land so it wouldn't matter anyway

bubba

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
this was in a zone mendocino county, private land, hunted 20 somthing days, out of a stand. read it in most recent Ca hunting magazine

MikenSoCo

Reaction score
20 days in a stand? I guess that's why I've skunked two yrs. running

in2blacktail

Reaction score
bubba-

I think you read about Angelo's buck that we measured about a month ago scoring 157"+.
This 167" buck was just officially measured last night.
Angelo's phenominal blacktail (157") would have been CA's record buck but this new entry beat it by 10" inches. Still both outstanding legends.

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Very, very nice. Thanks for sharing. Ed F

LIK2HNT

Reaction score
Very nice buck. I would never be able to sit in one spot that long.
Bill

CAjackrabbitWCP

Reaction score
sweet buck do you think you could post some of the key measurments?

Thanks

CAjackrabbitWCP

wakmasterr

Reaction score
Hey all! Just wanted to correct something here. First of all, Angelo Nogara's non-typpical blacktail did is still recognized as the "Pending" California Bowmen Hunters (CBH) state record as this new buck has not been turned into my office yet and then verified.

All state records are pending and subject to further review by our Big Game Committee, and all state records become official when awards are handed out at the biennial awards banquet (the next one is in January 2007 at Ontario, California). The CBH Big Game Club was created in 1962 and is open to all legally taken bowhunting trophies taken within the California borders.

Anyone having any questions regarding California bowhunting records can contact me by e-mail at wakmasterr1@yahoo.com

Craig Fritz, 2nd VP Hunting
California Bowmen Hunters

crodog

Reaction score
WOW...Thats a smoken buck! Talk about a late season bomber!!!

Hey Brain, how long do you guys have to wait before you can measure?

Cro.

Backcountry

Reaction score
Originally posted by crodog@Feb 5 2006, 09:21 PM
Hey Brain, how long do you guys have to wait before you can measure?
60 days for deer.

Backcountry

'Ike' @ HM

Reaction score
I've heard a disturbing story in regards to the buck above and it's basically p@#$ed me off!!!

I guess someone (Jealous comes to mind
) feels/felt that the buck was taken illegally or out of season....Gimmie a frick'n break!!! I know of the guy who killed this buck and I know his close friend who hunted with him on his property and with the right tags....

So for you that made the 'very poor' accusation, get over yourself and learn how to hunt....
Don't be jealous of anothers accomplishments and unless you can prove something beyond a reasonable doubt!?!? Shut the h#$% up!!!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest! Just tired of seeing the
that comes up when someone kills a nice animal....Shouldn't be that way! I get envious when someone kills a nice animal and can admit that...Just makes me want to hunt harder, but I don't look for a story to discredit the one who scored!

Backcountry

Reaction score
Originally posted by 'Ike' @ HM@Feb 7 2006, 12:09 PM
I've heard a disturbing story in regards to the buck above and it's basically p@#$ed me off!!! 

Yep, I too am aware of the accusation/suggestion of impropriety (poaching basically), and it sounds pretty far fetched to me.

Craig Fritz (CBH Big Game Club) has been, or will be, made aware of the accusation and will sort it out.

My money is on the guy that killed the buck.

Backcountry

ZEKEDAWG

Reaction score
Since we put so much emphasis on antler size and the status that goes with it, people will have a tendency to cheat form time to time. The internet makes it very easy for us to sit behind a screen and poke holes( sometime very imaginitive) in the truth and reality.

Top Bottom