New possible California State record Archery Buck

wakmasterr

Reaction score
First of all, California Bowmen Hunters has no official position regarding the buck or the bowhunter in question. No one has made any official claims to me regarding this buck, and the opinions I expressed earlier regarding differences in the buck were "my own opinion" as stated in my post. At this point, all of the talk is nothing more than gossip as I stated before.
Until someone comes up with any evidence to the contrary, I congratulate this gentleman for taking such an extraordinary non-typical California blacktail buck. It is indeed the buck of a lifetime, and any bowhunter would be proud to have it on his or her wall.

Craig Fritz, 2nd VP Hunting
CBH

Mattb124

Reaction score
It has been a long while, but for some reason I though of this post. The long and the short of it is that this investigation was closed quite some time ago. Based on what I understand, DF&G had DNA from a poached bucks and were given access to DNA from the buck my hunting partner killed. The end result was that no further action was taken. That should settle this nonsense once and for all. My only hope is that the reputation of my hunting partner and the beautiful buck he killed won't be tarnshied.

Franklin3

Reaction score
WOW!
What can you say except holy cow!
The bowhunter that managed that kill has really got a trophy.
Congratulations. And his wife shared in the experience with him so it'really their Buck!
California is a community property state so 50-50.
way to go.

JNDEER

Reaction score
MattB....DFG has DNA from every area of California and can (through a long process) determine within a very close proximaty where a deer was killed based on genes and specific loci...etc....etc...it is something we have used often when needed....

Mattb124

Reaction score
JNDEER, that is interesting to note and a good resource to combat poaching.

What I was suggesting is that when DF&G has DNA from the poached deer and that samples a from my friend's buck do not match the DNA from the poached buck, that they are not from the same buck.

I have heard that with enough salt and pepper, crow isn't half bad. ;-)

Rampage1

Reaction score
yeah no further action was taken because dfg was to broke too spend anymore money on the investigation

Top Bottom