New replacement camera for owl pf

upnorthunter

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has found a camera that is just as good as the owl for about the same price.  Has anyone did an tinkering with the snappy QT?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

davered1

Reaction score
waiting for some pics back ,will post in a couple of days

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone would be interested but I use the Canon Elph LT in several of mine.  It is smaller than the Canon Elph S100 digital and it is a 24mm advantix camera.  A lot of the pictures I took last year came from them.  I use a box about half the size of the one I am using now because the camera is so small.

In the advantix style camera you can get film in rolls of 40 exposures.  The camera is easy to wire into but it needs three wires and one of your pull in relays has to be a SPDT style.  You cannot just solder the focus and shutter together.  If you connect these two the infrared is activated and it will run your battery down shortly.  The CR2 battery used will last a long long time before having to be changed.  It doesn't go to sleep so the flash is fast.  The flash is pretty strong for a small camera.  The size of the unit makes it easier to hide.  I have got most of my tresspaser pictures out of these because I could hide them better so they can't been found as easy.

One major thing to consider is the film is more expensive than 35MM and the processing is too.  Also, if the place you get your pictures developed doesn't use a digital style machine to process the pictures the full advantage of the pictures are not realized.  Since the elph puts all the information on the magnetiz strip like time and date the picture contains the date overlayed on the front  not exposed with the picture so it comes out everytime and it puts the time and date on the back of the picture which makes sure it comes out everytime.

Some disadvatages but some major advantages too.  If people are interested I can show you how to take it apart and wire into it and maybe get a picture of mine up on my site so everyone can look at it.

Oh yeah the camera is around $70 bucks.  You could probably get them cheaper off Ebay.

Brian

Archilochus

Reaction score
The Elph LT is a neat little cam.  I bought one when they first came out and made a "micro trail-cam" with it - 3"x3"x5"  Smallest trail-cam I ever seen!!  Processing $$ is a killer out here in the hills though.

I thought this cam had a 2 hour power-down - but it's been too long and I can't remember that far back! :(

Archilochus

Latest Posts

Top Bottom