New S200 replacing S100

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been pointed out that Canon now has an S200 which replaces the S110.

It has an adjustable ISO rating that goes to 400 which should make the night pictures a lot better.

I haven't taken this camera part yet but I plan on getting one when I get the money to see how it looks.  It almost looks identical to the S100 except for the control buttons on the back.  This was a great find by Donnie.  I didn't know it was out.

Like I said it looks the same for the most part on the outside but once taken apart it may be different.  So change to this model instead of the S100 at your own risk until I can get one and take it apart myself.

I feel like the better ISO rating will be worth the change since the longer distance night shots are the only problem with this camera.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
****** is working on a price from his camera contact, but you can get them new for $349 with shipping included.  They have all the specs posted on the cannon websight.  It still has the seperate onn/off button in the same location.  I plan to get one shortly.  I was able to weasel out of the first s100 by getting the seller to repost it on ebay.  he got 310 for it anyway so he was happy.  The one I bought that was "brand new" came in with a hole drilled in it.  Wrong place for the wires though so I sent it back.  When I get it I may drive down and let you experiment on it. It also does black and white so I'm wondering what it will do with just IR light at night.  Might be able to kill the flash and get good pics as well?

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Ark,

It does look promising.  I didn't know it did black and white pictures too.  That might work with the infrared like you mentioned.

Definitely, worth a look see.  Come on down I am always up for smoking some electronics. Just kidding.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom