new scope

fishnhunt

Reaction score
I posted this same topic in the optics section and recieved few replies....Since this is a more active forum I decided to post it here as well.....
I just bought a new Remington 700 SPS DM chambered in 30-06 and am trying to decide between several scopes including: the leupold VXII, Zeiss Conquest, and the nikon monarch. All are pretty similarly priced, have good reps, and have good warrantys. I would appreciate any feed back on these choices that you may have.

ELKBUSTER

Reaction score
Hey fishnhunt, welcome.

I shoot the same model rifle, only chambered in .300 wsm. I went with the Leupold Boone and Crocket 4.5 x 14 and have been real pleased. Set it up last year and have taken a Pronghorn and a Mule deer with this set up so far. Yeah Pronghorn , double lung shot and no loss of meat, just in case anyone was wondering.

Good luck with your choice,
EB

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score
Look through all three.

While all the scopes are good ones, I think you'll find the Zeiss to be the best.

I did, and don't regret the choice. Awesome scope.

TikkaNuts

Reaction score
I second Rancho's answer.

You can't go wrong with a Zeiss Conquest scope. I have look through all three and the Conquest is on top of my list. Except if I have the dinero, I would prefer the Swaro over the Zeiss, but I can't spend that much on a scope or the wife will keep me in the garage for a few nights. (I mean the Swaro)

Reaction score
I shoot a 700sps 30.06 and scoped it with a VX-II 3x9x40

Works great and has a great warranty.

But as said above they are all excellant and the Zeiss had it been available to be when I set mine up would have been looked at alot closer.

FT

Rob4x4

Reaction score
I just recently got a new rifle and scope. Picked up a Remington 700XCR 300 WSM topped with a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 scope. Also got muzzle break and Knoxx stock as Im in a wheelchair and needed the recoil to be toned down a lot to shoot it. Havent shot it yet but looks like it will be a good setup and scope is really really nice. Me and my dad own Leupold on all other rifles so you cant go wrong there either. I will post a pic the next time I go home which will be next weekend.

Reaction score
Pics! I got pics.

Posted this up a while back in the backpacking forum.

Now that I'm getting ready for rifle season and we are talking about such silly things here is a pic of my popper.

CAhntr

Reaction score
FT, Thats a nice stock! Did you have that done or did you buy it like that?

Eric

prohunter

Reaction score
all my guns are topped with leupold. i just ordered a Leupold VX-III 3x9x40. It will top my new T/C Encore.

Franklin3

Reaction score
I just put the VXIII 4.5-14X50 B&C on my new R1 .300WM.
Shoots nice on the range at 100yds.
Happy birthday to me, Happy birthday to me,
Shooting 165gr, SPBT cabelas Bulk ammo at 94.90 for 100rds.

Top Bottom