New SENSOR ??

davered1

Reaction score
This is the sensor that CANUCK found at Canadian Tire. It is a garrison(14$ U.S.) and it is kinda cool. The pir is located off the board, not sure if wires canbe lengthened and still have it work but I will be tinkering with it pretty soon. I pulled it apart yesterday and found a couple of pins on the IC chip that go high enough to trip a 5V relay,the speaker wires also will trip it but then you have the same "singing" relay as the RS. probably wouldn't last long like that.

The one problem with it seems to be that the trigger time is extremely short (about 2 seconds) so if it was used without some kind of timer it would probably fire a lot of  pics of the same animal.

This is all from about 20 minutes of cracking it so nothing is in stone. Here are a couple of pics to give you a jist of what it looks like.I found mine with the fire extinguishers/smoke alarms.Ig nore the switch, I just put it ther to swap from LED to CAM.

CANUCK, how did you make out with your sensor??

OH YEAH, Anyone down there now of a company called NOMA?? I was in a store today and they have the identical sensor as the RS 49-425. Cost was 30$ ($20 U.S.)

Let me know.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Dave, the triger time could probibly be worked out with the cap./resistor comb. Thave never seen one of the Garrisons or the other around here. It would be fun to try and work out.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Man, look at all that circuitry on the board, even got a transformer looks like, must be old technology ha ha.  (Also looks like a lot of the board is not being used)

Have you measured the current yet?

Two seconds is def too short to drive a relay connected to the Owl PF, but like Wild Bill said, I bet it could be changed (one of my Owl PF's needs to have a shutter press of 7 seconds before the flash gets charged enough to fire the camera, when left out all night)  2 seconds would be alright when used with a timer tho

Hey Dave, I noticed the packaging has both English and French on it, can you speak/read French too?  I'm always telling people to watch out because I know Judo, Karate, and a few other Japenese words!

Tinhorn

Latest Posts

Top Bottom