New Shoes...

Skyler

Got some of those Treadwright retread offroad tires and a set of Cragar wheels for the Zuk. All in all, not a bad investment. Got the rims for $28 each on sale at Quadratec, and the Tires ran about $115 each for 31x10.5xr15 in the heavy mud terrain pattern. Had to cut the front fenders back a couple of inches due to rubbing, but otherwise, the 4" lift was enough. Here's a few pics...

Before:

After:

Last edited:

Skyler

I'll report back on how the retreads hold up. They warranty them for 20,000 miles/2 years, so there's always that.

Limited Out

I don't know about the wheels & tires, but that fording snorkel is great!!! If you get in that deep you better not forget to roll up the windows!!

mojavejohn

My last set of tires were treadwrights. They were pretty nice, they mimiked the BFG AT tire. I had them on my '02 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. I replaced them about 35,000 miles or so. This was a little less than the set of real BFG AT's that I had before. I probably could of stretched it out another 8000-10,000 miles, but I don't like to let the tread get that low. I replaced them with a set of Cooper ST Maxx's. They cost me around $200.00 bucks more from America's Tire. (The best place to go for tires BTW). If the Treadwrights didn't have to be shipped then taken to a tire dealer to be mounted then I might have bought another set, but for the little extra that a paid for a brand new set, the savings wasn't quite enough to justify the retreads.

Top Bottom