NEW Snapshot Sniper Board Give Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghoot

Reaction score
Here's what my "spare time" has been spent on for a while now. For the contest, I couldn't think of anything cool (brains worn out), so the game will be to guess the day that the design of this board was started (month, day and year). The contest will end Sept. 1st since that’s when the boards are supposed to be in.

I think you guys will really love this board. It is the easiest setup that I have used so far. The unique thing about it is the LCD display. When the board is turned on, this is what you'll see:

Since the sensor needs a warm up period any way, I thought it would be nice to go ahead and display the current settings while it's warming up, that way if it's already set how you want it, you don't have to enter the setup. Once the board is through warming up, the LCD is turned off and in idle mode, waiting to take a pic.

To enter setup, the "Mode" button is held in for a couple of seconds. This turns the LCD on and displays the first item which is "Delay". To change the Delay you push the "Set" button, once you have the delay you want push mode again and you will see the next feature which is "Double Picture Mode". The "Set" button will turn it "On" or "Off" etc. Once you have cycled through all of the options with the mode button, the LCD will read "Set" To SaveExit". Selecting set now will save the settings and put the circuit back into idle mode, waiting to take a pic.

To see more about it and view a spec drawing with dimensions, go here:
Snapshot Sniper Board
and scroll to the bottom of the page and select the controller board link.

At this time, the board will have 3 solder points for attaching the wires for the camera. Since there are so many different ways that people connect them, you will supply your own cable. This board will work for ON/OFF type cameras and refresh cameras like the D380 and there is also an advanced setup mode that you can enter to choose your camera type. (I haven't got all of this part fully completed yet, but hope to by the time the boards are done.

Also, I'm planning to include a panel similar to the one above that will be 2"x6". Since the panel is plastic, it can be cut to fit your case. Speaking of cases, it is a tight squeeze, but will work in a Pelican 1020.

If all goes well, the boards will be ready by Sept. 1st.

D Letho

Reaction score
Looks real nice . Was wondering if the phone number and name will show on the picture with software .

As for a date How bout May 11 , 2004

Good luck with this new setup ! Whish you luck .

Don

ghoot

Reaction score
Don,
Thanks for the comments. No the name and number will be displayed on the LCD at power up, but the board only controls the camera in and ON/OFF or refresh mode. It doesn't actually send data to the camera.

coues7

Reaction score
March 4, 2003 is my guess. Hope I'm right it looks good

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
Ghoot,

Thats a nice feature the LCD. At a glance you know all the saved settings and no 2nd guessing.

I see there is a choice between .4 and .65 on the fresnal lens at .4 what is the range of detection... the fact that it fits the 1020 cases is nice. the x20's and that case are made for each other.

will the battery consume space additional to this or incorperates into the space the board utilizes. I know the x20 and board gets tight in a 1020 case and was curious if theres enough to squeze a 9 volt in there in a battery holder.

Very nice work. Can see you have had lil spare time. Its amazing how fast and far these cams have evolved in the last 6 months. Its hard work from guys such as yourself that make it easy for everyone else to have an excellent game cam setup.

My guess is March 23rd 2004

Dan

MIBowhunter

Reaction score
May 4 2004,

That is good looking board ghoot! Thanks for the give away.

MIB

ghoot

Reaction score
OBH,
The battery is seperate from the board. I would love to have mounted it on the board, but with the LCD it has to be seperate. Here's a few pics of the board and and unfinished 1020 setup with the Minolta X20. The battery could be mounted on edge to get a little more space. It is a tight sqeeze. Thanks for the compliments too.

Attachments

buckboy

Reaction score
I'm guessing November 11, 2003

What is the price and how long will a battery last? What size battery?

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom