new to BB...got a tech question?

slickhead

Reaction score
Howdy!   I'm about to make my 1st trail camera. My power supply has me puzzled. I would like to use a 12v camcorder battery that I presently have. I know that Radio Shack makes an adapter to clip on the pos and neg sides, but I not sure of the type of relay that is needed on the MS20 PIR. Does anyone know the Radio Shack part # for this item???

slickhead

Reaction score
Thanks Possum for the reply. I've looked at the Radio Shack web page that you posted and part # 900-2329 looks real close to what I need. But the thing looks a little big...I wonder if it will fit into the MS20 housing?

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi slickhead - I had a lot of problems with the MS20 sinking a relay, and went back to Jesse's 9 volt version. Good luck.

homer

Reaction score
slickhead                                                                                 You can use the 9 volt relay part #275-005A.  when you replace it you must clip the extra post thats under the new relay. check out this site.                                                                    .http://members.tripod.com/firstblackwater/index.htm             it will give a good discription of how to wire your sensor.

Possum

Reaction score
Slickhead, I used the 9v relay with the 9v battery.  I think mine will last as long as I want it to- 1-2weeks.  Richard says to use the 9v and you will have less problems.  These guys usually know what they are talking about.  However, if you are going to try to use the 12v I believe the relay will fit in the housing.  What about using the 12v battery with resistors to lower the voltage.  Then you can use the proven 9volt relay and have  long lasting battery life.  Just a thought

slickhead

Reaction score
Thanks to Richard and Homer.  And your saying that the 9 volt relay and the 12 volt battery combination is not a problem???Based on your experience I'll try the 275-005a. Thanks again to everyone. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future.

Top Bottom