Hunting Buddy/Mentor Wanted New to big game hunting.

Makoman

Reaction score
Hello, while I'm not new to hunting per se, I'm new to big game hunting. I always hunted upland bird, so shotgun only. I'm in my 40's so starting out a bit late in life. Big game hunting is going to be a new adventure for me. I have D11 and D14 tags. Hoping to meet someone that can show me the ropes, including skinning/gutting, packing out a deer etc. Let me know, or possibly point me to any hunting clubs I may be able to join where I can find some help.

Thank you.

WrstQuailHntr

Reaction score
Welcome! I am hunting D11 and D14 as well this year, archery only. Get up there and drive the roads to find the deer. If you find a spot you want to go I'd be happy to go with you. I've only shot 1 deer, but been hunting deer for about 13 years. Skinned 2 and packed one out.

Makoman

Reaction score
Welcome! I am hunting D11 and D14 as well this year, archery only. Get up there and drive the roads to find the deer. If you find a spot you want to go I'd be happy to go with you. I've only shot 1 deer, but been hunting deer for about 13 years. Skinned 2 and packed one out.

I just may take you up on that offer. Probably be D14. US Forest Service has shut down most of the area in D11 due to the wildfires.

Top Bottom