• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

New to Central Oregon

NorCal

I relocated to central Oregon (Powell Butte) from Very northern Ca. last fall and have not had time to get on JHO to poke around for suggestions / ideas of where to look for hunting this year. My plan is to hunt mule deer and elk this season. I am located between Redmond and Prineville and am told there is good hunting around here, but chances of drawing a premium tag are slim to none my first year. So, I am looking for suggestions on public land hunts. As for elk, I am not into trophies, so a decent cow elk for meat would suit me just fine. I prefer rifle hunt, but bow hunting works too. Time is not an issue, just need some ideas or recommendations of good strating points. I'd appreciate any input. My last hunting was for Ca. blacktail and mule deer in B6 and B2 zones, X1 and X3A, so rugged terrain is not an issue. Thanks for the help. Glad to be here and out of Ca.

Top Bottom