New to hunting.

gbadilla76

Reaction score
Hello all. I have been wanting to hunt for a long time, and have been slowing getting closer to the actual hunt. Now that I have my rifle and license, I have no idea where to go.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Not easy to find pigs on public lands. Best bet would probably be BLM land to your west. Though there are a few on Facebook land above Pine Flat. Either way, be careful or you can find yourself on private property and in a heap of trouble.

Not sure if it is open until deer season, but fish & game allows access to Cottonwood Creek near San Luis reservoir. There’s pigs there, but it requires lots of uphill walking.

Common Sense

Reaction score
I don’t reckon Facebook has property above the lake. I meant Forest Service.

gbadilla76

Reaction score
Not easy to find pigs on public lands. Best bet would probably be BLM land to your west. Though there are a few on Facebook land above Pine Flat. Either way, be careful or you can find yourself on private property and in a heap of trouble.

Not sure if it is open until deer season, but fish & game allows access to Cottonwood Creek near San Luis reservoir. There’s pigs there, but it requires lots of uphill walking.
That's some good info. I had been looking at Cottonwood earlier this evening. I'm just wondering if it will be open to hunt because of all this COVID-19 stuff. I know all state parks are closed until further notice.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Another thought is Fort Hunter-Liggett. It is more expensive and complicated than it was when I went there several decades ago. Not sure there is as much game as there use to be, but one grandson recently took a deer there and another harvested a small pig.

Top Bottom