new to Missouri

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
Hello fellas,
I was overdrawn, and was staying at the inlaws in Benton County in Janurary. Moved here from Calif. Now living in west central Missouri, Johnson Co. Have my stand out on a neighbors wooded area ajoining a couple corn and bean fields. Cant wait til Oct. 1st. Any bowhunters here in Mo. Hope to have a great time here on the forum with you guys from Mo.

StringShooter

Reaction score
Hi Hideandwatch,
Nice to have you and welcome back. We look for peoples insight for topics on the great state of Missouri so feel free to join the ranks.

I Can't wait till the October opener myself but I ususally can't free myself up from work till late in the month and during my vacation in the first 2 weeks of November. I just love to hunt on Holloween...it's my favorite day.

Take care

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
Hideandwatch,its going to be a good year for us here in Missouri,i can just feel it.To bad we couldnt get a JHP camp going for all of us here.i would set it up if Yall would be able to show.

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
Stringshooter & passthru....
thanks for the welcome, I'm sure I'll be around pestering ya'll for some good deer hunting pointers for Missouri. I'll be seeing ya around here.
Terry

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Yelp Overdrawn, er ah, H&W, welcome to the state, if you're real lucky you could get a monster deer from this state but as for me, I can't even get a pix of one with a Movement Cam  he he

We OUGHT to have a "campout", just like the guys on the west coast do

Tinhorn

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
yes we should,a weekend a year and later maybe more.i think it would be great fun to BBQ and sit round a campfire with ya'll,swap story's and line up hunts together all over the state.
 But i have to say that 90-95 degree heat for camping just isnt no fun to me,maybe early fall before it gets too chilly out.Any of you good grill cooks?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
And AFTER Ticks & Chiggers get zapped by a few frosts....... I hate those guys

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
Campout sounds great, the heat doesn,t...maybe sometime in the fall would be good. I think all of us can grill, doesn't take a rocket scientist, or does it? I had tried to hook up with one of the guys from the forum when I was out west, while we were hunting. Never seen him though. And never had the time to get together for any of the campouts.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 How far is everyone from Truman lake? There is alot of Corp. land there to hunt so no one will miss out on any bow action this fall,and the hunting in that area should be great,if its to far we can try to centralize it more.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I bowhunted down there a few times, near Talley Bend.... I think it's a 5 hr drive for me, a little far but I don't mind

Tinhorn

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
It's a little over an hour for me, depends on where your talking about. I usually go out through Windsor, use to take E hwy out of there, but now theres the detour. So now I go out Y hwy to PP then to 7 hwy. What part of the bow season are ya speak'n of? I'm planning on tagg'n one here early on. But I could be in for another hunt down south a ways.

Chairman

Reaction score
<font face=arial size=1><blockquote><hr noshade size=1>Quote: from Hideandwatch on 7:50 pm on July 30, 2002
So now I go out Y hwy to PP then to 7 hwy.<hr noshade size=1></blockquote></font>

Geez, H&W..... I live about a mile or 2 (as the crow flys) from Y & PP junction (Roseland)!  I'd be for getting together with y'all, once I've improved from my shoulder surgery....  If it's gonna be hot (temp wise), I'll do a drive-by to introduce myself.  I tend to wilt at temp's over 90.

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
Chairman, I go by there often to my bro-inlaws in Warsaw. I will be going under the knife myself on the 15th of August. I will be down for about 6 weeks. Will have to stop in some day and see ya, if'n ya don't mind.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Thinking somewhere along the lines of early to mid October,not cold but not blistering hot either,nights get a tad chilly but not to bad at all.Its a little drive for me also but i like getting away from here.

Chairman

Reaction score
Sounds like a plan, H&W!  I've tried gettin' together with other folks from the board, but it hasn't happened yet.  We live pretty close, so the odds are higher...

Sounds like you'll be up & at it by the bow season opener!  I'm in week #3 of my therapy.  The doc says I'll need 10-12 weeks total.  I may have to miss the first half of bow season...  I've hunted the bow season 3 years off & on, so far ~ with a crossbow.  I'm still waiting to get my first deer with a bow....

(Edited by Chairman at 12:21 pm on Aug. 1, 2002)

SUPER R

Reaction score
  Count me in on the camp out ( depends on work ) sounds like fun.
Must be alot of bad shoulders around!  I had mine worked on the 26th. of December.  After 10 weeks of therapy and 4 months off work its feels great.  So Chairman hang in there it gets better.  Hideandwatch good luck with your's.

SUPER R.

kingpossum

Reaction score
<font color="Black"> well i tell you guys what... when you all get ready for firearms season, give ME a holler too...i ain't but a hour from truman myself...lol.. it'll be a good season if we can just get alittle more rain to keep things green...<font size="5"></font><font color="Black"></font><font color="Black"></font>

Latest Posts

Top Bottom