New to the board

tomcat

Reaction score
Glad to be at a good board with lots of helpful people !

Wondered if someone could tell me where to find the best price on either a Latigo sling (pricey from Brownell's) or a Hunter Model # 230-1?:surprised-purple:

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Tomcat,

Dunno if this helps, but I always start that kind of shopping at Cabelas.  http://www.cabelas.com  Generally good prices, and great selection.  Lots of other places to look too.  

For a nice leather sling, you might try shopping around local gunshops in your area.

Hook

Reaction score
Welcome tomcat, This is a great place to hangout. Enjoy...

I would agree with Speckmisser on Cabelas, they have everything and good prices also.

(Edited by Hook at 9:26 am on Mar. 28, 2002)

EVAN III

Reaction score
^Tomcat,
Welcome to Jesse's , Enjoy.

EVAN III

rutnduck

Reaction score
I've been reading all the recommended literature and 'lurking' a while, long enough to try my luck with building a cam..
Something that seems to not jump out at me is 'what guage wire should be used' while making all these connections.  Thanks and I look forward to hopefully providing some tips to be a useful member!   cya

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Get the narrowest guage of STRANDED wire you can get.  I use either 22 or 24 guage.  The small guage wire and it being stranded makes it much more flexible.  If you use solid wire it will be more prone to breaking at the solder connections.

Todd

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Dang,  I keep forgetting to do that.  

Welcome to JHP rutnduck.  

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Rutnduck >> Welcome to JHP.

First camera's are the hardest. But when you finish you'll say it wasn't as tough as you
thought it was.

I am looking forward to seeing some of your NC monster bucks.

Oh yeah, it's madatory that if you get a picture of a buck that would score over 120 you divulge the location of said buck to your fellow NC hunter.

Hey, there are getting to be quite a few NC hunters in here. A good sign. Not that there is anything wrong with these left coasters.... Just nice to see and hear some local stuff.

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Welcome Rutnduck. I use (from a tip learned here, Jesse I think), computer mouse cord wires. I strip the cable and you would not believe they can get 4-6 wires in that dang small of cable. It is real flexable which id good and I have had real goodluck with that. Good luck. MC.

http://community.webshots.com/user/mcinil

chili

Reaction score
Welcome to JHP!
    My vote is for 24 gauge stranded. Where in NC are ya? Can't wait to see some of your pics.

rutnduck

Reaction score
I'm in Raleigh....mouse cable should be readily available to me...(I'm a big blue (ibm) survivor)...thanks for the welcome and tips!  I'll be sure post any pics....
Arrowhead....I saw a big buck (at least a 160) out where the old oak tree used to be on old man smith's road!

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Welcome RnD
I use AWG 30 on all my camera connections, and AWG 26 to wire up switches.

vman

Reaction score
For the camera mods I use cat 5 telephone wire.   I have a bunch left over from wiring my house so its handy.  Plus a foot has enough wire for 4 cams.  For the rest I use 22 gauge solid wire.  

woodsman

Reaction score
WELCOME TO JHP rutnduck

(Edited by woodsman at 10:38 pm on June 20, 2002)

bat

Reaction score
welcome rutnduck,
 I like to use RS Intercom Wire....3 conductor, 24 guage, stranded  part # 278-0871
bat

Latest Posts

Top Bottom