New to this forum

blacky

Reaction score
Hi, I am Gene Blackshire and have known Jesse thru the computer for a couple years but just now found his forum. It appears to be one of the most active I have found and I am glad to be here.

Fubar

Reaction score
blacky  Welcome to Jesses Forum. Turkey huntin is my favorite. Im always happy to meet other turkey hunters.                 Fubar

maytom

Reaction score
Gene, another welcome aboard as well!! I'm a realtive newbie myself!!! HeeHeeHEe!!!

(Edited by maytom at 2:36 pm on Dec. 2, 2001)

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome Gene (blacky). For those of you who don't know Gene, he makes some dandy mouth calls. I've used them for the past several years and they work great, I just have trouble shooting the birds when they get in range.

You can find Gene's calls here http://home.att.net/%7Egtcalls/index.html

gizz

Reaction score
Welcome to the boards Gene!
I'm counting down the days to spring gobbler here in PA. You know of any way to make it go a bit quicker?
I had a nice size flock of turk's at the feeder in my backyard this AM. Temps have been in the 60's here - hope they don't get confused and start gobbling!

(Edited by gizz at 7:00 pm on Dec. 4, 2001)

blacky

Reaction score
Yea gizz, stay busy and don't think about turkeys and it will fly by. LOL
Now I have given you an impossible task. I think turkey hunting all the time and can't wait until the season gets here.

Memory Loss

Reaction score
Hello, I want to say that you people are great. I have built one of the camera systems. Thanks for all the good post from everyone!! It took me a long time to build this system, but it has been a pleasure. I have used the cannon PF date, with the ms-20 pir. I hope to try it in the woods this weekend. Maybe I will be able to share some of my pictures. I have bought a digital cam system, and it should be here this friday.
   Thanks guys, and I hope to be talking to all of you again on this forum.

wvhunter

Reaction score
Welcome to one of the greatest places on the net.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics soon.

woodseye

Reaction score
Welcome Memory Loss. Just don't forget to let us see some of them pics you get with those cams! This is the best place to be if you like trail cams -deer-and nice people.

woodseye

MBullism

Reaction score
I followed along in the shadows while I built my first cam.  I've stuck around because of the quality of the people and the tone of the posts (in all the forums)...  Lots of help when you need it and no grief when you don't.

I can't wait to post my first pics, and totally enjoy viewing everyone else's pics-I'm hooked!

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Nice of you to come on the Board, there "IS" a lot of nice folks on here.  I had to laugh at your Handle, my MemBrain ain't too good neither!

Tinhorn

Fubar

Reaction score
Memory Loss  Welcome to Jesses Forum. I am looking forward to your pics.                  Fubar

Memory Loss

Reaction score
Thanks folks for the Welcome that I have received. I got the digital system today. Was to be here tomorrow,(friday) but got it today. Called my dad, and told him it was here, so after playing with it for about 2 hours, to the woods we went. Dad and I have 1100 acres of hunting grounds. I put some corn out 3 days ago, hoping to put the camera's on it this weekend. The digital and the one that I made, have been in the woods for only around 5 hours, but im not sure that I can wait till tomorrow to check it. It will be a long night. Have many of you felt like this? Even my dad calls and ask's what time should we head out in the morning. This will be a good hobby to share time with my dad.
Hope to have some pictures to share in the morning. So far all that I can see by the tracks are some raccoons, bobcat, and some fox. At this point even the mouse will be o.k.

gizz

Reaction score
Welcome to the boards Memory Loss.
What type of digital did you get?
Anxious to see your pics.

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
Welcome to the boards Memory Loss.  Always nice tos see some new pics, cameras and ideas!

Memory Loss

Reaction score
Gizz i purchased the digital camera from treespy. It has  a hugh flash on it. I haven't seen how much flash that it will give, but it is big. It is a sony digital, with sony flash. I think that it is a digital flash. Never seen a jack like it before that goes in the camera. Neat set up. My dad actually bought the camera. Curtis got back this week and sent it next day air to me and dad. Hope I get some pictures tonight. It will take over 2 hundred pictures, with the 128 meg card at 1200x960.(I believe that is the right numbers) It will do less with the higher res, and a lot more with the lower.

Stever

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, I look forward to hearing your success!

Memory Loss

Reaction score
Well, our camera took 46 pictures last night. 1- armadillo, 1-rabbit, and all the other pictures raccoons. I had the camera system only 2 1/2 feet off the ground. The feed (corn) is 30 feet from the camera. The flash is bright. When I find a way, i will post some pictrures. I have to find a place on the web to load my pictures that I want to show.

Stever

Reaction score
Congrats! Lets see that armadillo. That would be a first for me to see on a cam.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom