Newbie from Placer County

Tbone78

Reaction score
I am 37 years old and have been very interested in hunting for many years, but never took the plunge. My family does not hunt, they don't own guns, they don't camp and most of them aren't all that interested in the outdoors period. I am the exact opposite, so in this regard, I am definitely the black sheep. I decided there is no time like the present and I'm doing something about it. Since I don't have anyone to I can shadow and learn from, I signed up for a multi day hunting course in Washington State. It teaches the entire process from planning and prep to stalking and hunting to field dressing and butchering. I am doing my homework until then. I signed up for a hunter education course, been reading lots of material online and have been familiarizing myself with CDFW website - regs, zones, harvest stats, etc. I have no idea what I am doing but I'm trying and excited for what the future holds. Any advice, suggestions or tribal knowledge you can pass down is greatly appreciated. Wish me luck!

RyanMcDaniel1984

Reaction score
Have you got your hunters Ed yet? I’m down the hill from you in Carmichael and I’m 35. My son and I hunt together, well he follows me anyway lol

Top Bottom