556.gunner

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m new to the group and new to hunting all together. Anyone near ridgecrest ca in the group? I had zero luck in D8 for deer this year but still have a bear tag that I hope to fill. Any tips anyone could share? Or general areas to look. Not asking for anybody’s honey hole. Thanks in advance.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Welcme to the forum 556. Good luck on D8 next year. Make sure and say hello in the mule deer forum too.

556.gunner

Reaction score
Welcme to the forum 556. Good luck on D8 next year. Make sure and say hello in the mule deer forum too.
Thank you! That zone kicked my ass this season. Saw a few doe zero bear or buck. Kind of about bummer. Was hoping to fill out at least one of my tags.

canamrider07

Reaction score
Keep at it 556, hunting is not easy. Find a niche and try to excel at it. Good luck and keep posting.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Good to hear from you 556, the start can be long and hard, scouting and listening to other hunters is always a good way to go. I would suggest searching D8 here and reading all you can, also google earth can provide areas to be checked out.
Best of hunting to you, keep at it you will meet other hunter in your area.

KillShot33

Reaction score
Hey 556, welcome to the forum. I’m also new to this site. Where abouts are your from? Do you hunt any other unita besides D8?

556.gunner

Reaction score
Good to hear from you 556, the start can be long and hard, scouting and listening to other hunters is always a good way to go. I would suggest searching D8 here and reading all you can, also google earth can provide areas to be checked out.
Best of hunting to you, keep at it you will meet other hunter in your area.
I’m using on x, its helpful. This was my first time out. There’ always next year ??‍♂

KillShot33

Reaction score
I’m in ridgecrest, I hunt around Kennedy meadows
Sounds like that’s right outside your backyard. That’s great. What species do you mostly see up in Kennedy Meadows? Turkey, deer, hogs?Is there a lot of Hunter pressure up there?

556.gunner

Reaction score
Sounds like that’s right outside your backyard. That’s great. What species do you mostly see up in Kennedy Meadows? Turkey, deer, hogs?Is there a lot of Hunter pressure up there?
Yeah Its not too bad of a drive about an hour to the spot I went to. There’s deer and bear up there from what I’ve been told, there’s seems to be a lot of people up there for the season but the guys I went with say they usually tag out and that this last season was weird.

Top Bottom