Next Best Camera to OWL

Gobbler

Reaction score
Since the owls are getting hard to come by, what is the next best or better camera unit to use?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
It sounds like the Snappy is right in there but I guess it's hard to find without resorting to the Internet.....

Tinhorn

Dbworld

Reaction score
I just got my first roll from samsung maxima.  Gotta say I'm impressed.  But even harder to find the  owl.

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
I gotta agree with dbworld.  I have two maxima 33S and they are great cameras.  Good flash range, no shutdown, and very easy to tap into.  Plus the camera just looks and feels like a really well built camera.  

(Edited by Jaggermax at 8:11 pm on April 11, 2002)

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Not a bad price on the samsung

Maxima 33S Date

Falsh Range says " 3.9 - 9' "  Takes goog looking pic though

(Edited by ArkansasElkHunter at 9:56 pm on April 11, 2002)

Dbworld

Reaction score
Where did you see that flash range?   That's got to be wrong.  My first roll is reaching out at least 25 feet....

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I dont find it listed on how to modify it,the next time one of you modify this camera could you take pics of where things go and screws to take out,maybe Jesse can post it for others,may save someone from frying one.
 It is a great price and i think i may try it next myself.

Dbworld

Reaction score
I'd be more than happy to post the modifications on my site if someone wanted to take the pics on how to do it.   It was pretty easy to take apart.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Here is the samsung data.  Specs on just about every camera out there.  No premier though.  The max flash renge was 22' next to the owl pf @ 33'

Lots of useful camera info

I'm sure these are just the mfg specs.  If there is not some federal guidline or accepted test procedure, then they could pretty much just report what they will.

bat

Reaction score
How about the Maxima 22S, it looks similiar for a lower price?  Anybody tried it?

INshedpicker

Reaction score
Hey Bat, the 22s is used in one of the commercial units.  Do a search here for the 22s and I think you'll find some pics to look at.  The ones I've seen from the 22s don't look nearly as bright as the 33s.

Dbworld

Reaction score
I don't have any problem getting owl pfs either.  They are everywhere around here.  And from the cameras I have tried (they tried to tell me)....not much use going with anything else.  If I found the Samsung Maxima 33s cheap enough I'd probably buy one though.

LW

Reaction score
Bat, I have a trail timer photo hunter that came with a 22s, daytime photos are great but the flash is only good out to 12-15 ft. I plan to replace it with the 33s later on.  Check out the photos on my webshots community page for examples of a 22s

bat

Reaction score
Thanks msfelton and LW...you got a lot of pictures in there LW.  
Thebowdoc go back up a little and look at ArkansasElkHunter's link in this posting for the 33.

LW

Reaction score
Has anyone posted a wiring diagram or pictures of the Samsung 33s yet?

INshedpicker

Reaction score
More info:  Here is the Samsung Spec Site.

You may notice there is also a 30s model which I've seen locally for around $30 (non-date).  I did notice on the manufacturer specs that all the cameras are supposed to have a 90 second shutdown feature, a bit contradictory to what has been stated here previously.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom