NFS shutting down national forest

canamrider07

Reaction score
Long ago I could see the FS shutting down parts of the forests, with any excuse, and not opening them back up. i believe it is their long term plan, shut the whole thing down to the public, with some exceptions that they can’t get away with, Yosemite, etc. I chose not to “wait it out”.

GLP

Reaction score
Here’s a report that 7 of the closed forests will remain closed until September 21 but I can’t find anywhere an official press release or forest order. The prior closure expires at midnight tonight so we’ll see what tomorrow brings.

canamrider07

Reaction score
It’s really not clear if you cannot legally enter a National Forest. The wording is always campground, trails, facilities are closed. But it never says you cannot enter the land.

GLP

Reaction score

JohnCo

Reaction score
D6 opener is now shot, with it extended another week. I wonder how many people are still going hunting. Either because they don't know or will plead ignorance if caught.

sportyg

Reaction score
Don't expect the NF to open at all this year the way things look. A22 is your best bet if you have a tag since the season goes to Dec 31, after a break of a week or two.

snoopdogg

Reaction score
Not happy that the closure was extended through 9/21. Kills bzone, those that aren't burning anyway. They need to communicate better.

Bigolwiggler

Reaction score
To add insult to to injury , I "heard" that SPI land is shut down . Between the two .... its about 90% of the land around here that the public can hunt on . Oh the humanity !

Hanna

Reaction score
Long ago I could see the FS shutting down parts of the forests, with any excuse, and not opening them back up. i believe it is their long term plan, shut the whole thing down to the public, with some exceptions that they can’t get away with, Yosemite, etc. I chose not to “wait it out”.

Hanna

Reaction score
Driving me crazy what to do with this tag. Just wondering what % have turned there’s in. I know of 2.

Top Bottom