Nice Fat 25 1/2 incher

Reaction score
Nailed this Bad-Boy with a long shot in a deep Drain. El Centro, CA (Imperial Valley in Imperial County) One of the challenges BowFishing for Carp here is that 99% of all the BowFishing is in deep, steep high banked dirt Drains (10 to 20+ ft deep) with 2-4 ft deep muddy-murky slow running water, where your arrowed Carp can get tangled with your line in the Brush, Weeds and Reeds at the bottom of the Drain. While pulling your Carp up through that mess, your Carp can come off your arrow or you can loose your arrow too! Frustrating! I solved that problem by fabricating a 23’ Adjustable Telescopic Gaff using a Mr Long Pole from Home-Depot and attached a 4 1/2” Gator/Shark Hook on the end. When I nail a Carp now and it gets all tangled up, I use that Telescopic Long Gaff and yank that Bad-Boy right up out of there!7C3AF77A-DECA-4AA7-9194-0B351DEF58BF.jpeg62626F82-8BDB-4997-B9C6-223A6ABB3B81.jpegD7306664-3162-4086-BEBA-F29ABBE0BBF3.jpeg

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Wtg BFHA! Toad carp for sure. Thnx 4 sharing!I want to bowfish so bad, but these constant Rainstorms here in Florida has all my spots all mudded with super dark water. Once things settle it will b I can start slinging again...tra

Limited Out

Reaction score
We developed a couple of tools for those canals. After loosing a bunch of birds (Doves) we built a 15 ft net of 3/4" sch 80 pvc, breaks down into 2 pieces and a collapsible pole with a hook for pulling my out of those concrete lined ditches by the collar he seems never to be able to get out of. If you drop a bird into one of those ditches he's going after it, whether he can get out or not. Looks like you are somewhere west of El Centro NAF?

imperial valley hunter

Reaction score
Nailed this Bad-Boy with a long shot in a deep Drain. El Centro, CA (Imperial Valley in Imperial County) One of the challenges BowFishing for Carp here is that 99% of all the BowFishing is in deep, steep high banked dirt Drains (10 to 20+ ft deep) with 2-4 ft deep muddy-murky slow running water, where your arrowed Carp can get tangled with your line in the Brush, Weeds and Reeds at the bottom of the Drain. While pulling your Carp up through that mess, your Carp can come off your arrow or you can loose your arrow too! Frustrating! I solved that problem by fabricating a 23’ Adjustable Telescopic Gaff using a Mr Long Pole from Home-Depot and attached a 4 1/2” Gator/Shark Hook on the end. When I nail a Carp now and it gets all tangled up, I use that Telescopic Long Gaff and yank that Bad-Boy right up out of there!View attachment 78281View attachment 78282View attachment 78283
Nice harvest. I found another drain ditch last week that was holding about 15 carp, about 3 feet of water. I'm taking my kid to catch and release a few after that if you need another spot let me know I'll forward the info.

Top Bottom