Nice Little Boar

abbydog301

Reaction score
A rancher/farmer friend of mine called me to tell me the hogs were hanging out around the edge of a creek next to one of his bean fields (farmers hate hogs). Later that afternoon my cousin and I started off in the direction of the hogs. After a brisk hike we spotted this guy sitting in a little clearing not far from us. The pig quickly made sight of us; then my cousin laid him out instantly with a shot right in the forehead.

Here is a picture of the hog along with my cousin:

Attachments

pig guide

Inactive
Reaction score
Where was this farmer's fields? I hunt some fields off of Jalama Rd for somoe truly awesome pigs. We have been chasing one pig in particular now for months. He is very wary opponent and is estimated at over 400 lbs. And by the way. That's a very nice pig you shot.

superduty

Reaction score
Man I wish I could get phone calls like that. My phone only seems to ring when there is work to be done or someone wants money.

Congragulations on the nice looking hog. Keep them coming and thanks for posting the pics.

abbydog301

Reaction score
pig guide

This pig was taken off some ranch closer to bulleton. I have seen alot of pigs in the fields off Jalama Rd as well. Most of them are on the Jalama Ranch itself, where an outfitter operates guided hunts. The other day I was coming back from the beach in the late afternoon and saw a huge pig in the field. Maybe it was your 400 pounder. At first I though it was two pigs next to eachother. It was not off of Jalama Rd it was off of Hwy 1 just before the Jalama Rd turn off.

Top Bottom