Night only option with MS20?

sven

Reaction score
jon5ja,

I know you're probably busy with many other things, but you mentioned in an earlier post that you were looking into making a circuit for the MS20 to allow night only operation with the low power and simple timer mods.  Have you had a chance to look into this yet?  If not, no worries.  I can live without it.  I have a board that I'm getting ready to do the mods to, and was hoping to do everything at once.

Thanks,
Sven

Jon5ja

Reaction score
Actually, I did but it didn't work exactly as calculated (the threshold is too dark to suit me).  I figure I want the "daytime only" mode to pretty much work until it's very dark, and the "nighttime only" mode should come on from dusk to dawn.  I'm going to have to add another resistor and do a little more calculating.

I guess I was due -- about the last five things I've come up with worked as designed the first time.  I only average about 50%, ha.  I'll see if I can straighten it out Saturday evening.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
What about a transistor and IR LEd. After your post on the slave Jon, I went into radio shack just to see if they had one, and they did. That puppy puts out juice with almost ANY light.

Top Bottom