Night Pics Only???

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
I have used all the new mods  low power, simple timer that Jon and gantley have came up with.  My question is there a way we can still use the night time only pics with these new mods or did these new mods  do away with that as an option.  Not complaining at all here just asking .  i love these new developments   i am using the 6v version and I changed R27 to 33k like jon advised in one of his posts but the sensor is working day and night. is there anyhting we can do to make it work night time only with the timer and low power mods?

Jon5ja

Reaction score
Yep, that won't work if you've done the timer mod -- that'll only work if R22, R23, and R24 are still in place.  You need to keep R27 at 100K for the timer mod.

I have a circuit that'll do a Day/Night/Both thing and will work with the timer mod in place.  I'll try to wire it up and take a couple of pics and post it in the next day or two.

BTW, regarding your question about basic electronics books, a friend at work is an aspiring robot builder but inexperienced with electronics.  He highly recommends the following book, which he said filled lots of gaps for him:

Robot Building for Beginners by David Cook, ISBN: 1893115445

For me, a major milestone was memorizing the different permutations of Ohm's Law, like E/R=I, E^2/R=P, I^2R=P, E=IR, etc., so I didn't have to stop and do the algebra every time I wanted to know what was going on in a circuit.  Getting to the point that I could glance at a resistor and know its value was also a milestone.

I'll add to the list of books as I come across any that I'd recommend.  Some of the other experimenters on this list could also probably make some recommendations.

Jon

sven

Reaction score
Jon,

I've got an MS20 board that I'm planning on applying your mods to also, and would like to have the night only feature for the hot months.  I'll be patiently awaiting the results of your testing.

Great job on all these mods, btw.  It's amazing the flexibility you've added to this basic circuit.

Sven

Advertisement

Top Bottom